How can I get my kid to love (or just like) healthy foods?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

You could make it really attractive, or create healthy foods in the image of unhealthy foods. You could give her baked sweet potato crisps instead of fried potato chips, mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes and whole wheat oatmeal pancake instead of a standard eggs-and-flour pancake. Try cutting her food in cute shapes with a food cutter to entice her to pick up the food. Get her to help you prepare her own lunch or dinner because she will want to try her own creation. Make it really fun and put on a chef's hat for her and let her do safe activities like stirring, mixing or cutting shapes with a plastic cookie cutter. If you're time-strapped, try plating food in an attractive manner like in the picture. http://sg.theasianparent.com/sneaky-ways-to-feed-your-kid-veggies/

Read more
Post reply image

I think one good way is to involve your child in the preparation and cooking process. I find that once children are part of the process, it naturally encourages them to be eager to see the outcome (and hence, sample it!). Also, you can give him/her two options to choose between, e.g., cauliflower rice or baked broccoli. Then, get him/her to help wash the vegetable, hand you the prepared items or place the ingredients on the baking tray etc. Even simple dishes like vegetable and fruit skewers, dipped in cheese dips or yogurt may help increase their interests in healthy dishes.

Read more

It's been a constant struggle for me with my 7 year old. She is such a picky eater, and has the worst eating habits and it drives me crazy each time. But now that her brother has started on solids, I would constantly tell her that her brother would be looking at her a lot so she has to send a good example. It makes it a little easier, because she knows what's good for her (she just hates the taste). Otherwise, I would occasionally ask her what does she want to be when she grow up (it varies every week) and I would say so you have to grow up and strong right! Hahah

Read more

Make the healthy foods taste just as good as the non-healthy ones by incorporating healthier cooking methods. For example, if your child loves french fries, you can make a healthier home made version and cook them in an air fryer. I swear, ever since I've invested in one (I got the Tefal ActiFry), making my favourite foods guilt free has never been easier. If they like fried chicken or nuggets, you can either use the airfryer or simply bake them in the oven.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2614)

Example for fruits , make them shape like lolly pops, For rice you can make in nugget shape . In the rice you can put vegetables or fish....

Thành viên VIP

Eat with them, encourage, start giving them as soon as they started solid food . Consistent.

Let them try freshly squeezed fruits then mashed veggies

thanks

Thành viên VIP

depends on Your baby,about age or favourite