Glass bottles vs BPA free plastic. Advantages? disadvantages?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Glass is generally easy to clean, and can be easily sterilized in boiling water. These days, baby bottles are made of tempered glass, which is harder to break than regular glass. Glass bottles last longer and can also be recycled more readily than plastic baby bottles. Despite all that, glass baby bottles, even tempered ones, will break if not careful. Glass is also heavier than plastic, making baby bottles more prone to be dropped and able to cause more damage when thrown. Glass bottles are also more expensive than plastic bottles. These days, parents tend to look for plastic bottles that are BPA free. Newer baby bottles in the market these days are made from BPA-free plastics, such as polypropelyne and are labeled as such. This way, they get the best of both world, lighter (and less dangerous) plastic bottles without the worry of chemical disruptions, just like a glass bottle.

Read more

Nowadays, as the plastic bottles are mostly BPA-free, they are consider safe to use for babies and all. So I guess it is really up to your personal preference as to which to choose. Some of my friends prefer glass bottles (mainly because these can withstand heat better, seemed more durable and easier to clean) but would bring plastic bottles (lighter and don't have to worry about breaking these) when going out. So most have both types. At home, when using glass bottles, they would handle the bottle for their babies. When they want to let their babies hold onto the bottle by themselves, they would switch to plastic bottles as those are lighter and will not break as easily.

Read more

in my opinion, glass is better. main reason as follows 1. the only disadvantages is easier to break compare to plastic 2. any faults of glass can be readily seen, eg breakage 3. plastic, though claim bpa free.. who know what else unfound substance which had not been big issues enough to raise alarm.. after all human race are evolving n always found new thing :p 4. glass is proven natural n no emission of harmful substance 5. bpa free or bhpf free really depends on raw material choice and each company claim compliance or adherence but we as consumer unable to judge. 6. plastic is afterall byproduct by processing.. just sharing some thot which comes to mind..

Read more

There are many reasons for me to choose glass bottles instead of plastic, but one reason why glass doesn't work, is because of the fear of breaking. The pros of using glass bottles is that, its eco friendly, over a period of time it does not contaminate the water with its properties and its easier to clean!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-7081)

Glass bottles last longer. But fragile. Bpa free plastic up to 6 months only. But safer for baby. Glass bottles heavier than plastic bottles. I prefer plastic bottles

Read more

Aside from what Amrita said.. I've been told that milk last longer on glass bottles. You can always buy silicone cover for the glass bottle if you're clumsy.

Considering the frequency of dropping the bottles, I would go for plastic. But do replace regularly.

Bpa free plastic because glasses do break and may cut the young one.

Thành viên VIP

I find the glass bottles much heavier than bpa free plastic..