My girl (5mo) seems to prefer her dad more now, always looking at him and smiling when both of us are around. She only looks at me dearly and smiles at me when im alone with her. I perfectly gets it coz daddy feeds her alot and plays with her quite a fair bit. Im glad she has the love from so many people and i really love the bond daddy has with his daughter. But what sucks is when the inlaw commented that the reason why she always look at him is becoz he is the “最亲" or "closest" person. It hurts. Esp to a first time mum who gave her all to her baby, her nutrients and full time effort at exclusive pumping and there are so much anxieties. I hope people can be more sensitive to us mothers. We dont need recognition or credit or the love back from our kid. Just no passing remarks pls.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a new parent myself, the responsibility of parenthood is to nurture our LO. Guidance from elderly is appreciated and passing remarks are of no value in the nurturing process. I am sharing with you how we manage. My in law and my parent are always pointing out to us the challenges and process in the nurturing of our LO from their experiences. My wife and myself accepted openly and adjusted accordingly, and we do raised our thoughts to them as well. When my in law is visiting, they commented the skilfulness of my parent in taking care of our LO and told my wife to learn from my parent. On the other hand, my parent kept advising me to support and give my utmost care and concern to my wife as it's physically and emotionally straining on her pregnancy. Effort from new parent bridging their elderlies from two families offer better understanding, and we are always focusing in the joy of our newborn.

Read more
8y trước

Totally agree that communication and understanding is the key. And it has to come from both parties (young vs old, in law vs in law). Glad to read this. :)

I get that always. My PILs will praise all the good points about my children follow by that's because they got it from their daddy and finger point all the bad habits to me. But who care? As long as I know my girls are doing well, healthy and I myself know I love them from the moon and back without any term and conditions that's enough. I personally feel the children has radar and know who truly love them the most. To me, I feel happy to know my girls love their Father too, the same man I love with all my heart. Sometimes old people said somethings to get their way when they feel left out; just smile and walk away. I got all kind of names by them too, like murder, heartless Mommy, selfish Mommy etc. I used to care so much that it affect my marriage until I learn to let go. Just sharing my experience. :-)

Read more
8y trước

Thanks for sharing ur experience. It really helps! :)

My MIL carried my LO when he was just 2-3 weeks old and told him he have stupid parents who don't know how to take care of him, and telling me in my face that I don't understand baby's cries, what he wants and how to pacify him because I am a FTM. I was hurt and was already suffering from PND. It strained the relationship between me and husband. In fact, she is the one who dunno how to care for baby and was wrong. Now I just turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to her.

Read more
8y trước

Yeah important to filter out such negative stuff and focus on the stuff tt really matters. Thanks for sharing.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-16572)

Thành viên VIP

People do it to me too, but I don't let myself get hurt. I know that there's no one who loves her as much as I do, and that's enough for me :)