Not sure if I’m too emotional

FTM here, child is 4 months + old, we live by ourselves with no live-in helper or nanny. Husband wants to travel overseas 3 days 2 nights for friend’s bachelor’s party. I feel upset about it but idk if it’s illogical to feel this way. Fellow mums, how would you feel?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hm..I would tell my husband that as our child is very young, as a first time parent, I am not comfortable nor confident in taking care of the baby alone for such a long period of time, and hope to seek his understanding to stay in sg. When the child is older and can communicate, he can go for sure,just not when the child is this young.

Read more
4mo trước

Thank you for replying! ❤️ I would be speaking with him about it today

Honestly i wont allow. I need my husband, i cannot do things alone. And i dont like the feeling when my husband enjoy with friends bt im all alone caring for baby. He should know who to prioritise more esp when you have a young baby. I also didnt let my husband become best man for his friend’s wedding

Read more

Wow I wouldn’t allow that. I can’t handle things without my husband. I need him constantly at night to take over looking after the baby etc. Best to let him know how you truly feel. Seek his understanding that it’s a NO for now but once the kid is older, can take turns to go on your solo breaks.

I wouldn't allow at all cost. you're a 1st time mom and still need help to adjust. the bachelor party is not important at all. his friends must understand his situation esp if he has friends who are already fathers. I will not let him go even if we will quarrel.

Friend bachelor party? Hmmm. I would say NO. reminder to husband you are a married man now, your friend must also be mindful that your friend has a wife now. not that easy due to peer pressure.

Yes it’s logical cause we are so freaking tired with child care. I get upset even when my husband is home late due to work. I want a fair share of responsibility/leisure

4mo trước

even when baby is sttn, but I feel baby trapped that I can't leave the house but he can go meet friends and have dinner :(

Influencer của TAP

🙏💕