For dads, is it true that all men can't pick up implied messages from their wives? My hubby and I argue about this a lot. I'm not used to bluntly pointing out his mistakes and he doesn't like it when I get mad and not tell him the reason/s why.. I get frustrated when he tells me men can't catch understatements

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think men understand what is being told and they try to decode the implied messages only until they are wooing a girl. Once they are married they do not invest their energy in coding and decoding. If you want something from them, they have to be told, no matter, how shy, embarrassed, bad, low you feel or if even if you want to turn something romantic they will hardly get the cues unless it is about sex. So, I guess, you too also do not waste your energy and straightaway tell him what you want him to do or whatever.

Read more

I think men are not wired like us ladies. We can pick up signals and sublime messages (even if there's nothing) but not all men can do that. For me, I've learnt that I have to be direct with my man. If I sulk around and expect him to figure out what's wrong, he will never know what's going on. Telling him directly might be difficult because I can be quite stubborn but it's the only way to get messages across. Plus, I feel much better after that :)

Read more

Just a fair statement.. When we hint to woman they cant pick it up too.. Just that man give up hinting much earlier than woman. Bottomline hinting does not work regardless is woman or man. Talk like two judges debating on a case and look at the interest of the topic is the best way forward. Discuss on interest NOT position

Read more

Anything short of a direct message will be lost. It annoys me greatly when my gf tries to get messages across by dropping hints. Now as a wife, she kinda learn that the best way to get stuff down is to be straight up open about it. I get the message, she gets stuff done. Everyone is happy.

I think so too cos this happens to my hubby. He will usually say dat why can't you say things to the point inatead of beating about the bush. Men uaually don't really understand and i feel that it is quite normal. Even between brothers, fathers, etc ... it is all the same.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Men are mostly task oriented, you have to be specific and precise, give them enough info to carryout the task. When you are able to do so, you will avoid the situations and frustrations you mentioned. Its all about communication.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-6899)

Yes they cannot unless you verbalize it to them. According to hubby it's really frustrating for the men when we get mad and they don't know why. They would appreciate it if we just tell them outright what is wrong.

That's right! Men need to be told clearly, they don't get the subtle messages. Instead of fighting, tell him forthright whatever you want him to do.

Can't you tell him nicely.. Use the Sandwich approach to avoid hostility