How did I travel through first trimester - my experience

First trimester is one of the most crucial stages of pregnancy as this is when the baby implants well in the uterus and baby's fetal pole develops with heart beat along with other organs. Yolk gradually takes shape of a beautiful baby. The gynae might call you for a scan regularly to monitor heartbeat, development of the baby. The mother is supposed to take extreme care on the diet and wellbeing by taking adequate rest. Mothers will face either one or many or all of these including morning sickness, aversion to certain food items which would have been your favourites too, nausea, dislike towards certain smell, craving for some delicious food. Here is my journey through the first trimester. I tested my pregnancy using the Clear blue home pregnancy kit starting of week 5 and this time I waited till week 7 to visit the gynae at the same time I was watching out for spotting or any alarming signs so I can go the doctor immediately in that case. When I went to the clinic at week 7, as per their usual procedure they repeated the pregnancy test, I was waiting curiously and positively to see the double red line. Since I had an earlier experience of the faded line in the clinic during my ectopic pregnancy, this time I was hoping everything should go well. I was overjoyed to see the dark red line appear and the midwife happily asked me whether I was 6 weeks already. Later, my doctor called me in and straightway went for the abdominal ultrasound with doppler and showed me the fetal pole and I heard the heart beat too. She said the foetus is positioned well in the uterus. Due to covid restrictions that time, my husband was waiting outside the clinic so he didn't hear the heart beat that day. After the scan, the doctor gave iron and folic acid supplement and advised to stay active, not lift heavy weights, eat healthy diet (avoiding papaya, pineapple) and stay positive. That's when she asked me whether my husband was waiting outside and I said yes. She said we would have asked him to come inside to hear the heart beat. After coming out, I remember I was imitating to him how the heart beat sounded through the Doppler. He was slightly sad that he couldn't hear it this time but was happy that pregnancy is progressing well. Since I had two miscarriages earlier, she wanted me to come the next week to see if the development is as expected. This time informed the midwives and the doctor first itself that my husband is waiting outside so that they would call him to hear the heartbeat. My husband was so happy at the same time clarified his doubts with the doctor on what I can do, what I can eat etc. I used to do all the household work except lifting heavy weights. I used to bend down, do cooking, offer prayers to God and in fact we used to travel by public transport to visit gynae. I used to walk everyday with my husband. My husband was always with me thanks to the work from home opportunity during those covid times. He has accompanied me since day 1 of visiting the gynae till delivery. He was my pillar of support and strength. I had craving to eat waffles. I started to hate few dishes I extremely loved to eat before my pregnancy. I didn't have vomiting although I had nausea. Since I was cooking at home, i made only those dishes that I liked to eat in a way that I liked. Mainly, I avoided sweets, white sugar. I took all the supplements prescribed by the doctor correctly. I ate lot of nuts, dry fruits and fruits. My best wishes to all the mothers to travel smoothly through the first trimester. Be careful, stay bold and strong, be happy and cheerful throughout as your emotions reflect on the baby.

How did I travel through first trimester - my experience
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you for sharing your story

Thành viên VIP

👍🏼