Epidural: yes or no ?

This is my first pregnancy and if possible, i would like to go for natural delivery with epidural. I have very low tolerance pain. However i heard epidural’s side effect can be brutal and most of the time you will tear and it can also slow down cervix opening. Those mummies who have taken epidural before, was it a good experience and do you recommend it ? And how was your experience. Im leaning towards taking it but im scared and want to know what to expect😣 For now i am 25 weeks and still under kkh subsidized. #advicepls #firsttimemom

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took epi as I was induced! I failed to dilate throughout the induction but the epi helped in numbing ALL my pains! The process was pretty hurtful though. I could feel the insertions of everything in my spine but the numbing effect was fast. My side effect from it is just random back pains now 😅

12mo trước

Oh! And i was shivering for abit. like after my emer c sect when i was in the observation ward my body was just shivering though. They put a heater near me and said that shivering is a normal side effect. It wore off by the time i got to the normal ward (ard 30-45mins)