Unhealthy food n drink

Feeling depressed, currently 24 weeks, no appetite, still vomit at least 3 to 4 times per day. The only foods that make my appetite better are fast foods and unhealthy foods. And keep feeling thirsty, the only craving that will increased my appetite are soft drinks n cold drinks. But everyone around me keep nagging on me, it make me so stress n depressed like I'm harming the baby. I try to limit my intake but it only decrease my appetite

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I am currently reaching my 20 weeks and I having the same issues as you since first trim. I can only eat unhealthy food, junk food, fried stuffs, etc. I try to limit those unhealthy food and reduce it gradually (you can still eat the food you like but limit to 3-4 times a week and gradually reduce to 2-3 times then 1-2 times a week). During your "transition" time, try to eat different variety of food/fruits/drinks by re-introducing them back slowly onto your diet. In the end, I have found out that I am able to eat brown rice, broccoli, curry chicken, soya drink, kiwi, apple and passion fruit. I am still eating unhealthy food 1-2 times per week... but take it slow, explore more variety of food!

Read more

Try to take in a right amount of veg & fruit that you are able to take too after your fastfood? It's almost impossible to stop people from nagging but try to think of it as their concern & ignore it after. I don't know how true is it that cold drinks is bad for the baby but I chance upon a Taiwan medical video that mentioned cold drinks actually don't affect the baby. Maybe you can try infused water to see it works for you instead of soft drinks.

Read more
Super Mom

Try those grilled chicken instead of fried chicken? I too have a craving for cold gassy drink. I drink the new mountain sparkling water (lemon flavour). I try to substitute with healthier option