TheAsianparent Singapore Father's Day Giveaway: Celebrate Dad on the Road!

Win a luxurious Cybex Cloud Z i-Size Platinum car seat for your little one this Father's Day! Here's how to join: 1. Make sure your information is accurate on your theAsianparent app profile (name, email, address, and phone number). 2. Like, comment, and participate actively in the questions and polls on theAsianparent app. 3. In the comments below, share your favourite story about your husband as a parent, or your dad as a parent! It could be something funny, frustrating, or just plain amazing! (One entry per parent) Bonus entry: Share this giveaway with your fellow parents in the community! Giveaway ends on June 20th 2024 at 23.59. The winner will be randomly selected and announced on June 28th 2024 and via email and announcement in theAsianparent App. T&Cs apply. Prize: 1x Cybex Cloud Z i-Size Platinum car seat (Color to be confirmed) Please note: - This giveaway is open to parents residing in Singapore with children aged 0-6 years old who have theAsianparent app. - TheAsianparent reserves the right to final decisions. Good luck, everyone! #TheAsianparentSG #FathersDayGiveaway #CybexCarseat

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t go looking for the man who will buy you flowers and jewelry, or surprise you with fancy vacations. Go looking for the one who buys you the hangers. The other day, I had mentioned to my husband that I was feeling overwhelmed with all of the laundry, and also ran out of hangers. “I’m feeling stressed, and I need to go get some hangers this week. I can’t hang anymore clothes.” I said to him quickly. After that, we both got into the car to head over to a family dinner. As we drove towards my parent’s house, he stopped at the store, and said he needed to grab something. I sat in the car, I felt myself getting a little annoyed. A few moments later, I looked out the window, and saw my husband carrying about 100 hangers. He popped open the trunk, put them in there, and sat back in the drivers seat. I just stared at him. “I didn’t need hangers this instant, but thank you.” I said, as I felt a rush of emotions. “I know, but I could tell you were getting stressed, and thought I could help. Tonight, we’ll do your laundry together, and get it all hung up.” He said to me as he squeezed my hand. It was in that moment, I realized I had been searching for his love in all of the wrong places, completely. My husband has never been one to come home with chocolates or flowers often, and it took me many years to appreciate the way he loves me. Growing up as a little girl, I would watch movies and see the big gestures. The surprise vacations. The diamond necklaces. I was not taught about the subtle love. The quiet love. The “little” love. The forever kind of love. The kind of love where he sees you needing help, and does it without asking. The kind of love where he knows you so well, he can go to the store and pick out all of your favourite snacks. The kind of love where he knows your tricky coffee order, when sometimes you even forget it. The kind of love where he got up with the baby at two in the morning, so you could rest. The kind of love where he has seen you at your absolute worst, and chose to keep loving you anyways. I was never shown that kind of love in movies, books, and TV. I was always taught to look for the big gestures. I was always taught to look for the flowers being brought home. What I can tell you, is each and everyday he’s done little things, like this, to make my life a tiny bit easier. Marry the man who doesn’t buy flowers often. Marry the man who doesn’t come home with extravagant presents everyday. Marry the man who will let you wait in the mall when it’s raining, and drive the car up to you, so you stay dry. Marry the man who loves you in a quiet way. For that is where the deepest, and more pure love can be found. The quiet love. The type of love where he just wants to make the things in your life, well, a little bit easier. Marry the man who buys the hangers.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

We were on holiday and had just gotten back from the zoo. My husband had taken a shower and was changing into a shirt when our 2 year old daughter walked in and said "oohh! that's where you're hair went! did you sneeze and it fell off your head onto your body? you look like a gorilla". She then proceeded to walk away. Only a toddler can insult her father twice by calling him bald, hairy, and a gorilla, but still be the apple of his eye and showered with love. 😆

Read more
Influencer của TAP

My favourite story to share is my boy and husband loving story. 😋 My boy love to glue to my hubby from morning till nap time every day. From brushing teeth, preparing breakfast, laundry, play time, groceries and cooking. He loves to watch and learn what the daddy does, I’m feel so blessed and happy to have a great and patience daddy and a wonderful husband. He is really our super hero. Happy Father’s Day! We love you! 🥰

Read more

My husband has been an “A”mazing husband and daddy since day 1 when baby girl was born. I vividly recall that memorable day when our confinement lady fell ill, and despite needing to wake up early for work the next day, he took on the nurturing role and responsibilities, caring for our daughter through the night. As a First Time Mom, I am grateful to have him journeying with me through the ups and down’s of motherhood.

Read more
Post reply image

Being as a very first time parent, there are a lot of things we have learnt so far. Seeing the mini us and there qefe nights which we have to endure lots of pain and lack of sleep. But my husband was once said “Why taking care of the baby is more like I am running a lab at home without a white long coat”. Because everytime he needs to wash his hands, using a thong to take milk bottles, etc. lol It made me laugh so hard.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My hubby is a dad of 3 and I would say he is amazing ! On vacation , in flight he will help up and let me eat first or feed me when I m busy . And at home , he will help up to lookafter kids . But one day when we travelled , he was too busy with kids till baby poop and cry in carrier yet he didn’t realize it and end up his clothes stain with poop while he carry the baby .

Read more

everytime when i try my best to be very detailed with our little one, there my husband will be taking it easy and chillax e.g. not properly sterilizing, not using right temperature for milk and not being accurate with the milk powder amt! But in the end, i get tired and end up doing the same as him (after nagging him multiple times) 😅😅😅😅

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Our anniversary dinner turned into quite an adventure when our one-year-old became fussy and wouldn't stay in his stroller. My amazing husband spent the evening strolling our little one outside the restaurant while I ate alone. It wasn't the romantic dinner we planned, but it showed me yet again what a loving and dedicated father he is ❤️

Read more

My husband is first time be daddy and I’m currently pregnant. He is very caring and tolerate for my temper. All the check up will beside me no matter how busy for his work. I really appreciate to have such husband and daddy to be aside of me. Happy first father day to him!

Thành viên VIP

My husband always keeps his promises of not to miss any important event or milestone for the growth of my child... He also makes sure the child has enjoyed the best childhood memories in their lives