Chinese malay baby name

We are expecting for our baby boy to arrive this Oct. Im chinese and my husband's malay. We intend to give our kid an eng, malay and chinese name. But my husband insist of finding an english name represents islam which is so difficult to find. Can i ask any muslim mummy is it a must to have an english name represent islam? #advicepls #mixracebaby #malaychinese

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not a requirement in Islam to have an English name that represents the religion. However, many Muslim parents choose names for their children that have positive meanings or are inspired by Islamic figures or concepts. It is ultimately up to you and your husband to decide which names you would like to give to your baby boy. It's important to discuss and find a name that both of you agree on while considering your respective cultural backgrounds and personal preferences. If you're looking for specific suggestions or meanings behind names, I can assist you with that as well. Here are a few suggestions for baby boy names that combine Chinese, Malay, and English influences: 1. Aiden (English) - Meaning "little fire" or "fiery one." 2. Amir (Malay) - Meaning "prince" or "commander." 3. Kai (Chinese) - Meaning "victory" or "triumph." 4. Ziyad (Arabic/Malay) - Meaning "increasing" or "to grow." 5. Ethan (English) - Meaning "strong," "firm," or "enduring." 6. Irfan (Malay) - Meaning "knowledgeable" or "learned." 7. Wei (Chinese) - Meaning "mighty" or "powerful." 8. Adam (English/Malay) - Meaning "son of the earth" or "man." 9. Faris (Malay) - Meaning "knight" or "warrior." 10. Chen (Chinese) - Meaning "morning," "dawn," or "great." Remember to take your time and choose a name that holds significance for both of you and resonates with your cultural backgrounds. It might also be helpful to consult with family members or seek advice from friends who have gone through a similar multicultural naming process.

Read more
9mo trước

I'm both malay.... I put my son name Dannie and Airil... up to ur preferences but both have no direct meaning so long easy to spell and pronounce for the Teacher and grandparents to call...☺️example..given name anaqi... granny called him Johnny...another one Tommy wen his own name hard to pronounced..