Chinese malay baby name

We are expecting for our baby boy to arrive this Oct. Im chinese and my husband's malay. We intend to give our kid an eng, malay and chinese name. But my husband insist of finding an english name represents islam which is so difficult to find. Can i ask any muslim mummy is it a must to have an english name represent islam? #advicepls #mixracebaby #malaychinese

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not a requirement in Islam to have an English name that represents the religion. However, many Muslim parents choose names for their children that have positive meanings or are inspired by Islamic figures or concepts. It is ultimately up to you and your husband to decide which names you would like to give to your baby boy. It's important to discuss and find a name that both of you agree on while considering your respective cultural backgrounds and personal preferences. If you're looking for specific suggestions or meanings behind names, I can assist you with that as well. Here are a few suggestions for baby boy names that combine Chinese, Malay, and English influences: 1. Aiden (English) - Meaning "little fire" or "fiery one." 2. Amir (Malay) - Meaning "prince" or "commander." 3. Kai (Chinese) - Meaning "victory" or "triumph." 4. Ziyad (Arabic/Malay) - Meaning "increasing" or "to grow." 5. Ethan (English) - Meaning "strong," "firm," or "enduring." 6. Irfan (Malay) - Meaning "knowledgeable" or "learned." 7. Wei (Chinese) - Meaning "mighty" or "powerful." 8. Adam (English/Malay) - Meaning "son of the earth" or "man." 9. Faris (Malay) - Meaning "knight" or "warrior." 10. Chen (Chinese) - Meaning "morning," "dawn," or "great." Remember to take your time and choose a name that holds significance for both of you and resonates with your cultural backgrounds. It might also be helpful to consult with family members or seek advice from friends who have gone through a similar multicultural naming process.

Read more
8mo trước

I'm both malay.... I put my son name Dannie and Airil... up to ur preferences but both have no direct meaning so long easy to spell and pronounce for the Teacher and grandparents to call...☺️example..given name anaqi... granny called him Johnny...another one Tommy wen his own name hard to pronounced..

Well maybe u could find names that got a good meaning in islam.. based on what u may want or hope your kid will be or think what what ur kid meant to u.. for example u appreciate the birth of ur kid very much then maybe u can put ayyan in their name as it means a gift from god

this is my concern as well (I'm Chinese, husband Malay). but my husband told me that it doesn't have to be a Islamic name. now I'm troubled over how to place the Chinese name ... we haven't confirmed yet but we are going for something like : e.g Layla Tan Jia En Binte...

Thành viên VIP

Hi, there’s a lot that carry both Malay & English meanings. Not necessary but maybe your hubby wants something that is easier to all to pronounce. I’m Malay but hubby is Anglo-Chinese, we have names like Noah, Daniel, Rayyan, etc in mind..

My baby has a islamic name, english name and chinese name. Its my decision to do it(im a chinese revert) it is not difficult to find islamic english name actually.. Adam is english and is islamic just need to find and tweak abit. hope this helps

Personally im malay and my husband is filipino. It doesnt have to be an islamic name. In my opinion as long as it is a name with a positive and good meaning. And english name that is not an islamic related name can also have a good meaning.

8mo trước

hi just wondering, as you stated you're malay and husband is filipino. so im assuming he had went through conversion to islam? May i know how did you name after your baby? By using your husband's birth cert name or his convert name?

Hey mummy, here are a few suggestions that I’ve seen around with my friends’ kids that is both English and have Islam influence. ☺️ Aiden/Aydan - can be spelled in various ways Noah Seth Adam Shay Zac/Zachariah Zayn/Zain Daniel/Danial Haris

Read more
8mo trước

But some elderly thinks it’s too western name for a malay… but it’s my boy. I don’t care what people want to say. Mommy u birth the child , and u carry the child on your own. Don’t let other people opinion let u down.

Maybe perhaps you can search via google and cross reference name of english/islam name for boys. Example will be Adam. It depends on how you are gonna pronounce the name.

I am a malay and my 2nd born name is Kyl 😁 Theres no need to really follow islamic names. But i would recommend Aden Adam Ethan Kyle Zac Seth

Read more

Best to have a name that has a meaning in islam (: you can actually google i believe theres alot or maybe use one of our prophet’s name