How to prevent/deal with postnatal depression

🌟 Exciting Announcement! Join me, Lilian Ong, Director and Registered Counsellor at Wellness Journey Pte Ltd, for a vital #AskTheExpert session on theAsianparent app! 🎉 📣 Topic: "How to Prevent/Deal with Postnatal Depression?" 🗓️ Date: 19th July 2023 🕒 Time: 8pm to 9pm Together, we will explore strategies and support systems that can make a positive difference in your well-being as a new mother. 📝 I request you to share any questions or concerns you may have about postnatal depression in the comments section below. 🔔 Save the date and mark your calendars for this invaluable session. 💕 Your mental health matters, and together, we can nurture a joyful and fulfilling motherhood experience! Warm regards, Lilian Ong Director / Registered Counsellor, Wellness Journey Pte Ltd

How to prevent/deal with postnatal depression
39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know someone who experienced postnatal depression with their first child and is worried about the potential impact on their mental health if they decide to have another baby. Can you shed light on the long-term effects of postnatal depression on subsequent pregnancy?

10mo trước

People who had PND before are more likely to have it again, if their depression is contributed by genetic and biological factors, sensitivity to hormonal changes etc. Whether she will actually develop PND the second time depends on the amount of stress, amount of support, how she is coping at that time. If the first PND was treated and she recovered well, she is likely to have learned what to look out for, how to reach out for support, how to balance her own needs etc, so that's more important than whether she had PND before.