Care after bb is born

Hello everyone. I have a situation here with regards to who to help take care of my bb after she's born. 1. In law is not willing to take care of bb despite wfh 2. My parents are indecisive also, but they're self-employed 3. Helpers are expensive (or is anyone able to advise the helper's upfront payment and mthly salary?) 4. Nannies are now priced avgly $800 a month too, so it's pricey 5. Infant cares (anyone knows the fees in local preschs?) Thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in the same situation, no inlaws, my parents refused so i chose to be a stay at home mum till my daughter is pre nursery. I dont trust helper to be alone with child even with cameras around and infant care is also a big no for me, cause i hv friends working in this industry n i hv heard too many things that happens behind close doors. Dont expect teachers to care for ur child 1 to 1 cause each hv 4 or 5 to care for. This was the biggest reason i did not place my girl in infant care. At the end of the day its my child n her safety n wellbeing is what that matters the most

Read more

I’m in exact same situation as you. Mil too old, parents unwilling, nanny exp and I don’t trust in stranger home with just my baby. So I go for ifc. The anchor operators like sparkletot , mfs , ebridge are $1.3k before subsidy. Working Mum subsidy is $600. So $700++ per month. There are also additional subsidies if you qualify as well. Although there are more babies in Ifc , I feel it’s a much safer place than a nanny home since they are “regulated”. The teachers won’t dare to do anything funny

Read more

IFC is my 1st choice. I don't trust parents, helper or nanny or working mom, Fees after subsidy around 700+, if u choose private after subsidy can be as high as 1.5k which I'm paying, reason for me to choose private is because they open till 8pm and location just next to my hubby office

Read more

hello! it depends on which school from what i checked, working mum’s will have subsidies as well :-) i checked my first skool, it’s a $600 subsidies for ifc FT and $300 for PT

Infant care. Paid about $700 plus a month after subsidy. The school also updates us on baby’s routine through their little live apps. So I feel more assured.

Super Mom

Infant care cost is around 1k plus before subsidy. Subsidy amount will depend on your combined income. I paid 700 plus after subsidy previously.