Infant care vs Helper

Hello everyone. FTM here. Currently we are early in the pregnancy, however would like to slowly start planning for when baby is here. We are both working and are torn between infant care and getting a helper. I understand infant care can be costly too and if baby is unwell we need to take CL. Plus getting a slot can be difficult. However having a helper has its own challenges too. Trusting them, training etc. Grandparents is not an option as they are all still working. What do you think? Please share your own experiences if possible. Truly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband and I decided on helper because we would greatly appreciate the round-the-clock support. I’ve personally grown up with a helper around and seen how that helps my parents and our family. There will be a lot to be done at home and having an extra pair of hands is just going to relieve a lot more stress from my husband and I. I believe it depends if you need that round the clock support at home, or just an arrangement for your baby to be cared for while you’re at work.

Read more