Pacifier yes or no

Does giving pacifier make the baby teeth ugly in the future? LO been crying a lot, she’s 2.5 months now and recently we gave her pacifier to calm her down. But we’re afraid that it will become a habit and it’ll be hard to cut her off. Also the most worrying part is making her gum or teeth ugly..

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally understand your concern about giving your baby a pacifier and its potential impact on her teeth in the future. It's great that you're thinking ahead and wanting to make the best decision for your little one. First off, it's important to know that there is no definitive evidence that pacifiers will definitely cause dental issues in the future. However, prolonged use of pacifiers, especially once permanent teeth start coming in, can potentially lead to dental problems. The American Dental Association recommends limiting pacifier use after the age of 2 to reduce the risk of dental issues. One way to avoid long-term pacifier use becoming a habit is to start weaning your baby off the pacifier around 6 months of age. This is when they start teething and will naturally want to chew on things, so it can be a good time to introduce other soothing methods like teething toys or comforting blankets. To address your concern about making her gum or teeth ugly, it's essential to ensure that the pacifier you're using is the right size for your baby and doesn't interfere with the natural development of her mouth and teeth. Make sure to clean the pacifier regularly and check for any signs of wear and tear. Ultimately, every baby is different, and what works for one may not work for another. If the pacifier is helping to soothe your baby now, it's okay to use it in moderation. Just be mindful of the potential long-term effects and start thinking about weaning off the pacifier as your baby gets older. Remember, you're doing a great job as a mom, and it's completely normal to have these concerns. Trust your instincts and don't hesitate to reach out for support from fellow moms or healthcare professionals if you need more guidance. Good luck! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
1mo trước

Thank you so much for your thoughtful information and advice! 💖 I truly appreciate your concern about giving my baby a pacifier and its potential impact on her teeth in the future. It’s reassuring to know that while there isn’t definitive evidence that pacifiers will definitely cause dental issues, being mindful of their use is important. Your suggestion to start weaning off the pacifier around 6 months and to introduce teething toys or comforting blankets is very helpful. I’ll also make sure to use the right size pacifier and keep it clean to avoid any interference with her natural development. Your encouragement means a lot, and I’ll definitely consider your advice as I navigate this aspect of parenting. Thank you again for your support and guidance! 🫶🏻✨

hmm not really. i believe in NUK brand. when i was young, i was only able to wean off from my pacifier when i was 4. my teeth is straight (a comment from the dentist in sch too). some people asked me why am i not weaning off paci for my 1 year old toddler, i simply told them i don't have to worry because it's this same brand and i put my trust on them. furthermore it helps calm and soothe my baby! i think what you can do is to research on diff pacifier brands first and see what suited best. i personally would still recommend NUK cuz of the shape (not blocking nose) and the teat itself. there will always be ways that you can wean off. i personally think i should worry on soothing my baby and then later on thinking abt weaning it off. i'm just blessed she weaned off milk bottle and drinks from the milk carton itself now.

Read more
1mo trước

no problem! choose what's best for you and your LO! may everyth goes well 🥰

Pacifiers are life saver! We specifically use it when our baby wants to sleep, it helps put her to sleep so fast & fuss free since newborn. She doesn't use her pacifiers in the day or unnecessarily. Only when she wants to sleep or when nothing else can soothe her crying. Me & my siblings used pacifiers as babies, we hVe naturally straight teeth too.

Read more
1mo trước

Thank you so much for sharing! 💖 Yeahh, pacifier has been a lifesaver for us too 😌 Like you, we only use it when she’s trying to sleep or needs extra soothing. It’s reassuring to hear about your positive experience with pacifiers. Thanks again! 🫶🏻✨

My LO had pacifier since birth till 18m she weaned off herself. She’s 28m now, so far all looks good. I think it’s alright to give, just that at a later stage, try to slowly reduce the time of pacifier then gradually wean off will do.

1mo trước

Thankyou for sharing! 🫶🏻 this gave me the courage to not be afraid to give her the pacifier.

What I did was to just give pacifier when she’s inconsolable, other times I didn’t give her. So ended up it wasn’t a habit at all! Anyway many years to wean off before adult teeth comes in.

1mo trước

Thankyou for sharing! 🫶🏻 yeah I did the same for the pass few days, gave her the pacifier when she is really inconsolable. I shall see how it goes day by day 😌

Pick your battles, for that young age and for the sake of my sanity, I just give my baby a pacifier to sleep (only). I myself was a pacifier baby and I’m quite pretty tbh 🤣

1mo trước

Hahaha thankyou for sharing, pretty mama! 😆🫶🏻 yeah we just gave the pacifier to her when she is really inconsolable, for the sake of our sanity and to calm her down 💆🏻‍♀️😌

My #1 had crook teeth and after which we stopped at 3 years. Her teeth are back to normal and way much nicer than before.

Influencer của TAP

mine rejected

💕

💕