Do you give allowance to your child for going to school? How much?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It depends on how old is your child. For primary schoolers, I personally believe that preparing food for him/her is still better and safer than giving food allowance. This is to also maintain a balanced diet for your child. But if you want to train him/her how to spend wisely, you can give him/her probably a dollar and fifty and challenge him/her to save up (provide a piggy bank) using the money you gave whilst giving the freedom to spend. This will promote discernment with money at an early age especially that he/she already has packed lunch so it will be up to him/her to spend the money you gave or to save it up. This article might also help: http://www.theindusparent.com/money-management-lessons

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It's good to visit the school canteen so you know roughly how much food costs. Give your child enough money for a meal and a drink. Any leftovers can go into a piggy bank. For primary schoolers, $2 is more than enough. Or you can make lunchboxes and give your child even lesser. I remember spending recess money on little trinkets at the bookstore.

Read more

I remember learning the value of managing my finances at an early age because I received my allowance every Monday and couldn't ask for more throughout the week if I spent it all. It didn't matter how much the allowance was - I made it work. I strongly recommend doing this for kids. Start the training young!

Read more

I received $3-$5 when I was in primary school because I was a latch-key kid. My parents both worked and there was no helper or grandparent taking care of me and my brothers while my parents worked. So we got slightly more so we could get snacks or lunch while waiting for our parents to get home.

Thành viên VIP

it depend on her school canteen food prices. Back then $2 is alot to us. But for now, $3-4 is a safer amount. I would also prep some snacks for them incase they gets hungry or they have a longer stay after school due to school activities

No, I don't give her allowance but give her to school as I pack her lunch. But I give her some change to keep in her piggy bank so that she understand the value of money, and for now, primarily to understand the number names and digits.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4063)

It depend on the canteen food cost. I only give my P6 $2 if no supplementary, is enough for him to buy food but no drink.

For me, I will give $3 each day and there will be no allowance if I prepare snacks/lunch box for my daughter.

primary school $2. on extra days when there is CCA or stay back for enrichment, $4.