Do you allow if your kid doesn’t want to eat breakfast before going to school?

50 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When they were younger, I would strongly encourage them to and I never really had any resistance. Its entirely their call now. They know that its an important meal. When the older one hit teenage sleep patterns, she became less inclined to finish everything so she will sometimes pack the rest to take with her. They also are free to add more appealing items to the grocery list (not too sugary) if they want specific things and they are also responsible for packing their own snack and lunch.

Read more

We have a "finish your food or wait until the next meal rule" in our house and because I implemented it on my daughter when she was about 5 years old, she knows well enough that if she skips breakfast before school, there wouldn't be any chance for her to eat until recess time since is about 4 hours later. Especially if she has PE lessons, breakfast is usually fuss free. There are days where she wouldn't eat much and I'll remind her that she wouldn't be able to eat until recess.

Read more

it depends what time your kids leave in the morning. my kids leave by 7, and it is too early for them to eat and go. from next year, they will leave by 6:20am, and definitely wont want to eat. i hand them a banana or a handful of nuts that they can have on the way to school. also, they have their first break within an hour and a half of leaving home, so i pack a nutritious first breakfast that they can have.

Read more

I agree with others. It not recommended. But sometimes, kids do not have appetite to eat much in the morning. As a kid even I didn't liked having breakfast if I had to go early morning ( I still don't). But morning breakfast i very important for the body's growth. You can try some interesting recipes, nicely present them. Even milk and energy drinks would be a great option

Read more

My kids don't go to school yet, but when times comes that they'll be going to school already, I won't allow them to go out without breakfast. I've experienced it when I was in grade 4, when I was too stubborn to eat breakfast because I started to be conscious about my body. I almost fainted coz I'm not used to having an empty stomach. I don't want that to happen to them.

Read more
2y trước

same here I fainted during our flag ceremony

Thành viên VIP

I will always get my children to finish their breakfast. If you don't finish your meal, then no more food till next meal. Breakfast is very important. Maybe try checking with your kids to see what do they want to eat for breakfast. my #2 son is more picky with his breakfast. So i would usually ask him what does he want to him and i prepare for him.

Read more

No. Pinapakain ko talaga sila ng Breakfast before pumasok. Heavy Breakfast (rice and ulam), then may baon din silang snack and lunch meal. 5hours lang sila sa school and pagdating dito bahay, kakain ulit sila ng rice and ulam. 5AM ang sundo sa kanila ng School Service. 4AM nagbi breakfast na sila. My kids are 12yo and 7yo. Grade 6 and Grade 1.

Read more

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day especially for children! If they refuse to eat, maybe you can "scare" them by saying that they won't grow up to be tall and strong. Alternatively, you can make breakfast fun for them. My dad used to make us pancakes with faces (he still does when we go visit him) and we thought it was hilarious.

Read more

Unfortunately no. Must develop the habit of having breakfast, the most important first meal of the day. Furthermore the child hasn't eaten for at least 8 hours so the body is starving for food already. Rotate brekky variety everyday to keep the child in suspense or involve the child in preparing of brekky.

Read more

For me breakfast is very important so i definitely will not allow my kid to skip breakfast. He can choose to eat something light like biscuits or a pc of sponge cake but a glass of milk is a must. Sometimes he is tired of all this food. I cook oat for him but will still add in milk powder.