Infant care in Singapore

Is it difficult to get infant care slots in Singapore? How long did you take to secure a slot when the baby is born?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I secure a slot (private) after nipt test when I was still pregnant. for government its very hard, as they will need birth cert number, and once you got the birth cert, they always say full already. Not sure need wait how long, but minimum few mths. so better plan early, and always have a back up plan just in case no slot by end of maternity leave.

Read more
Super Mom

Hey mama, I like to give myself a year in advance - this includes research, tours and visits, phone calls and enquiries, etc. I need to come to a decision before the 7 month mark. I know it sounds crazy but I think it’s because I don’t like to be disappointed. Oh and always find more than 1 that you prefer so you have options.

Read more

Be kiasu and register early. My child was in NICU, fussy, colicky so I did not register interest until 5months later. It took me another 8 months later before I managed to get a slot in infant care (not the nearer ones either).

Influencer của TAP

depending on where you stay and which center you want. you can register your interest for a govt infant care center when you have the birth certificate as you need that for registration. i waited 7 months for mine.

Super Mom

you have to register your interest on ecda website (you can choose up to 10 centres). it depends on availability and area i guess, we got ours within a month or 2.

think it depends on your location. some estates with many young families will take longer. no harm registering early!

Super Mom

It really depends on how popular the IFC is. I would normally put in my interest a year in advance.

Earliest we can register in ecda for ifc is 3months before edd.

hmmm... consider private if really urgent? no waiting needed

for area like sk n punggol, understand that it will b hard.