Did you and your husband have a "chat" about how to parent and come up with some basic ground rules -- about bedtime routines, how to say no, discipline etc...or did you just play it by ear? I find that my husband and I often have very different perspectives on things like who should our kid have a playdate with, outdoor vs indoor time etc...how did you resolve your differences?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think, it should not be about I will take the final call or you. Since, it is about kids, I think, one as a couple should drop their egos and pick up the decision which they think is best for the child. I know, this reads like an ideal situation, but I think this can be met when the couple is having a cordial relationship. How we deal with the kids largely depends on how the couple's relationship is going on. For example, the days, I have fought with my husband, I take all the decisions regarding kids, and then I do not even consider his point of view, which may be better than mine. So, see how the couple's relationship influences the kid's life.

Read more