1st child rejecting mummy

Did anyone experience 1st child (mine is 2 yo) rejecting mummy when near to the edd for 2nd child? 😭 i thought people say the 1st child will be more clingy to mummy instead of rejecting 😭

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hey mama, Breathe - I know it’s difficult right now, especially when one of your babies really doesn’t wanna be near you…the rejection hurts. You’re not alone mama. Some children will feel like they know they’re not gonna be the only one anymore or that they won’t be the baby of the family anymore and it’s normal. Get them involved in the process - the doctor visits and books about being an elder sibling all help to assimilate the older child to welcome new baby. What’s more, you can bond with your child too! I think it would be good if you start reaffirming her/him that you’ll still spend time with her/him. At least they feel assured that even though a sibling is coming, they’ll always have mummy time :) Hang in there strong mama - it’s a phase and it’ll blow over I’m sure. Just reach out for support here from other mamas when you need it :)

Read more