What other supplements do expecting mothers take other than those prescribed by gynae? Thank you!

Am currently 14 weeks in. Taking multi vits, folic and calcium now.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Personally I prefer to rely more on fresh and healthy food options than taking supplements. What you are taking is good enough. Because if your diet is sufficient, the excess supplement will be washed away also. Vitamin D can take if blood tests shows deficiency, which is possible.

3y trước

thank you!

My gynae only prescribe prenatal vitamins including folic acid. I personally try to get calcium from milk. I bought dha bummy bears in 2nd trimester bcos I heard it helps with development of baby's brain. Dha was prescribed to me much later at about 30wks after I switched gynae.

3y trước

gynae really makes a difference 😑 thank you for sharing!

You may want to take probiotics too. Other than that, based on your prenatal blood tests, your gynae would have prescribed you with the supplements you actually need. If you wish to purchase more, check with your gynae first to avoid overdose of nutrients you already have.

3y trước

Most welcome 🤗

Ask your gynae. Not all supplements that other mummies take are suitable for you because only your gynae knows how's your health & pregnancy wellness is like.

I’m taking multi vit, folic, calcium, Vit D, fish oil, and aspirin (due to high risk of preeclampsia). If your gynae didn’t prescribe more, means you don’t need it.

3y trước

thank you!

Super Mom

I’d include vitamin D, omega 3 and probiotics if they are not already in your multivitamin. 👍

3y trước

thank you Lena! ill have a look.

taking blackmores pregnancy n breastfeeding advance vit. can eat until finish breastfeeding.

3y trước

Thank you Jean. will have a look at that

I’m 24 weeks, taking folate, dha and calcium!

3y trước

thank you!

vit d to help with better absorption of calcium

3y trước

thank you! will have a look at vit D.