Giddiness at 12W

Currently at 12W1D today and I've been feeling very lightheaded these days. Looking down at my phone or standing for too long makes me want to faint. And i feel super full even after eating a small portion. Any recommendations on how to overcome this? Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry, you are not alone! It’s normal cos I started experiencing this at 12 weeks too. I’m almost at 18 weeks now, My lightheadedness hits at very random timings and even though my blood pressure is healthy, it still happens quite frequently. It’s just one of those things that happen as your baby is using up a lot of blood to grow too :) there are some days I feel like I can eat for a village and some days I just don’t get hungry. stay hydrated and get up slowly if you’re sitting/squatting/lying down.

Read more

It's normal. I do feel the same way too, so gynae advises to take many small regular meals, just try to eat whatever u like. So for me, I took really light meals like soup, fruit juices, or even fruits that really whet my appetite. And u need more rest babe. Gynae should prescribe iron pills too. I'd mine prescribed towards end of 1st trimester.

Read more
4y trước

Most welcome! If u want, u can call up your gynae to check. Don't need to wait till appt date

Rest more by sitting down if you can. Also eat more small meals and bring some biscuits or bread with u so u can eat whenever hungry.

4y trước

Noted, thankyou! Will take note! :)

Influencer của TAP

Is normal, i had it too when i was pregnant. Just rest more if u can and eat light meals. Will be better after 2nd trimester.

Super Mom

Eat frequent small meals. It helps. And avoid changing posture (stand up, get out from bed etc) too fast.

4y trước

Noted, thankyou! Will take note about it! :)

Thành viên VIP

drink plenty of water pls and eat well. try eating some fruits before you eat meal.

4y trước

no worries dear!

Normal. Just have small frequent meals and drink plenty of water

4y trước

Noted, thankyou! Will take note about it!

Thành viên VIP

Rest more! And ask your gynae if you need to take iron pills

4y trước

Noted, thankyou! Will ask the gynae about it on my next appointment :)

Thành viên VIP

drink lots of water!

Plenty of water