How to kindly tell my husband that i am not ready for number 2? Gave birth 5 months ago.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tell him that from a medical standpoint, your body is not ready at all. There were many cases of mothers having their csect ruptured when pregnant again within less than a year. If you were to even see a gynae, gynae will also say a big no. I also had csect and my gynae said ideally wait for 2 years before trying to conceive again. That's exactly what I did aft my firstborn and I just gave birth to my 2nd with a 3 year age gap frm my first. It takes so long for us to recover from birth and taking care of baby. I feel it's slightly easier now that my boy is alr 3 years old as he cld help to do little chores for me like helping to take and throw baby's diaper, keep baby entertained while I go to the toilet etc. He's able to feed himself while I breastfeed baby. My friend has a 1 year age gap and it was always chaotic seeing her at home with her 2 under 2. She always says that she's so exhausted even when she has a helper because both kids are very clingy. Usually once kids reach the age of 2.5 years old and above, they're more independent so you can have a lil bit more time with your baby.

Read more