C sect wound and shower

The cover for my c sect wound has just been removed today. Gynae say can shower as per normal but im scared, i havent even seen the wound until now😂😂 Can any mummies tell me do u normally shower after the removal? Or u still put waterproof plaster on top of it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Shower as per normal! Initially I’m scared also! Actually I’m still scared! I don’t pour/ spray water directly on it. Just above it and let it trickle down the wound. Don’t put waterproof plaster! You gonna have problem when you need to apply the antibiotics cream. You should look at it! I was amazed! It’s this thin fine line that doesn’t look like an incision at all! Honestly I think it looks better than stretch marks. Honestly I’m still so scared that I’m still on full dose of painkillers. I’m already 10 days post delivery. 😂

Read more
9mo trước

I still sleep on my back! I’m super scared! Lol

i will just shower and wash that area with mild soap.. then dap it dry with another towel not the same towel u use for showering. if u can air it.. air it.. as long as the wound is not wet or damp.. each time u are sweating use towel and dap it..

I simply shower as per normal, without touching the wound haha! It’s fine!

I shower as per normal! After which I just Pat dry and apply scar cream :)!

just shower n pat dry. dont scrub the area. apply the scar cream!

9mo trước

I tried ahahah not pain