Can anyone recommend a foot deodorant for babies (if it exists, safe to use)?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have never encountered any foot deodorant for babies and I don't think it is really necessary. The concept of deodorant is to mask the smell and most of the time, they contain harmful chemicals which are detrimental to the health of the baby. I would suggest washing the baby's feet and keeping it dry. If the baby has not started to walk yet, let him/ her wear cotton socks instead of "baby shoes". These baby shoes are solely for aesthetic reasons and most of the time, they trap in heat and moisture, which encourages bacteria proliferation, thus the smell. If your baby has started walking, invest in good shoes for baby that is ergonomic as well as breathable. Hope this helps :-)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It is not recommended to apply deodorant for babies due to their extremely sensitive skin. It is better to bathe your baby if you notice a foul smell. Due to the warm and humid weather in Singapore, it is good to bathe your baby a few times a day. I bathe my baby twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. You could add in an afternoon bath if the odour is too strong. The smell could be due to food which is not processed correctly by their body. Try keeping your baby's body dry as much as possible and apply talc free lotion powder to keep your baby feeling fresh and comfortable. http://canigivemybaby.com/deodorant/

Read more

I wouldn't use foot deodorant either. It can't be a bad as an adult's smelly feet now can it? I mean, I haven't met a baby whose feet is so stinky that deodorant is needed. Keep baby's feet clean and dry. Get your baby shoes that can "breathe" and if it's not necessary (at home for example), baby does not need to wear shoes. If your baby's shoes are the problem, you should air them regularly or get a shoe freshener to keep the shoes from being odorous.

Read more
Post reply image

I agree with Jamie. I wouldn't use a deodorang on babies because they are still too young and have sensitive thin skin. I bath my baby twice, once in the morning and once in the evening and in between, if I feel that there's a need, I would apply Biolane Liquid Talc which I got during last January's babyfair

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2642)

thanks