In-laws blame me for my baby's disease...

My baby often falls ill. Whether it's fever, flu, cough, or sometimes vomiting... Before having a child, I learned a lot about baby health and how to handle unexpected situations like this. I was quite calm and prepared. But, my mother-in-law who lives with us always blames me. She says my breast milk is bad, of poor quality. She even wants to give my baby honey -- but of course I forbid it! And she blames me. She wants to give my baby coffee because she thinks it can prevent seizures due to fever. I once told my husband about this, but when he reprimanded her, my mother-in-law got angry and said I wasn't a good mother.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That’s the thing about mil, they feel that since they’ve brought up their kids, they know it all. They are still living in the 80-90s and feel that all children should be brought up that way. Falling sick is part and parcel of life, it also helps baby to build up their own immune system. Please don’t doubt your decisions and yourself, stick by them. We won’t harm our own kids, we feel the pain more than anyone when baby falls sick. She had her time with her kids, now it’s your turn. Ignore your mil (rage if you need to. It takes a tiger to tame a tiger), tahan till you get your own flat. Don’t let her disrupt your plans and ways for your baby.

Read more