How much should a 4 month old weigh?

My baby is 4 months old (turned 4mth on 18 june). She is now 5.5 as of today. It's always been my biggest concern. Even this app says, 6.6kg to 7kg. Is she underweight? She always only breastfeed for 5 mins on only 1 side for each feeding. I try my best to make her get a good latch. Pls help mommies!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

The app tells you the range for about the 50th centile, but every baby’s different:) My 9.5mo baby is 7.2kg, she’s also very light. What’s important is that she’s been growing, and she’s been maintaining the centile range over the past few months. She’s just naturally petite, like my husband and elder daughter. What you can do is plot your baby’s weight on the growth chart and see if baby’s growing and staying in the same range or dropping. The other thing is to ensure that baby’s drinking enough. Baby needs 150-200ml/kg/day. Latching for 5 minutes on one side probably yields

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Same concern I had mommy..my baby weighed 5.97 , 4 months 8days completed according to apps and weight table she should be now 6.6 .she also latches only for 10 min per feeding and I only breastfeed her it's been since the beginning...but the pd said the baby is doing good and has the normal weight..so do not worry ask your pd ..may be all baby differs because some take Bm some FM and some both that is why weight may vary

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My baby is 10mo but he is only 8.3kg. According to apps he is out of range also but checked with CDC growth chart he is around 25 percentile. Have been like this for long time. Probably because he is too active or the slim gene effect😅

if doc say it’s ok, it’s ok. don’t worry so much. once they start eating solid food they will grow too. my girl at 5 month is only 6.7kg.