Feeling down

My baby is 17 days old and in abt 2 weeks time my nanny will be leaving and I will be taking care of my own baby. I don't even know the basics of carrying my baby and just learning now. It doesn't help that my nanny always say if I do this to my baby I will break his arm etc. (She showing me) Ask her to show me how she shower baby she says 我学不到的。I don't have in laws or parents to help too. My husband is helping to take care of baby too but when he goes to work I am all alone. I want to be confident to take care of my baby but it is demoralising. Also baby is now more attached to nanny. When I hear my baby cries my heart feels frustrated.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You need to tell your nanny straight that you are the boss and she needs to follow your instructions, including teaching you basic baby care. If she is from an agency, I would feedback to them too

Influencer của TAP

It's Okay. What u need to do now is rest, eat, sleep. When nanny left, automatically you will be able to take care your baby, it's nature. Not to worry so much now.

4y trước

Ahh it won’t just happen automatically but so have confidence that you can learn. Ask to do more and have your nanny do less with the baby, more house chores. It is important to rest but do ensure you feel confident before she leaves or else you put yourself at risk for postpartum depression. Seek help from mommy support groups! I also was alone by myself with the baby after his full moon. It was really hard but you get the routine and find ways to soothe your little one. Believe in yourself, you can do this!!

Super Mom

U can join their mother support group too. Don't keep emotions inside. Get help or emotional support from friend or support group

How have you been coping? I also met a nanny who’s rather negative. Keep saying I am not like other moms who managed to learn

4y trước

Is your nanny from star confinement?

Thành viên VIP

Why don't practice it together with your husband when he is at home. You might feel better that way.

4y trước

Thanks mummy!

Super Mom

My wife engage their lactation consultant. Expensive but it help my wife a lot

If you dont mind i can come over to teach you the basic.

Super Mom

U can engage midwife services. Google mother and child sg

4y trước

Ok thanks

Don’t let your nanny’s words affect you!!