Baby fell from knee-high bed

My 5 month old boy rolled over and fell from the bed that’s about a knee-high. He cried for about 2 minutes but quickly settled after I soothed him. He seemed okay after that as he immediately smiled and laughed as usual. There were no bruises on his head or body. Honestly I’m not sure how he landed as I just turned my back for a split second when it happened. Went to the polyclinic. Doctor checked everything and said that he was okay. My husband requested referral to the hospital to do a CT scan to scan for possible blood clot on the head and x ray for hairline fracture. As a mother, I am a bit apprehensive to send my baby to undergo such scans as they’re not good for the baby and it’s unnecessary as he does not produce any symptoms at all. We will monitor him for the next 24 hours. If there’s no vomiting, bruise or fever, then I don’t see the need to go for scan. Thoughts?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

It’s natural to be anxious after such an incident. I’m with you, though.. I’d observe for the next 24-48 hours. If there’s no drowsiness/lethargy/poor feeding/vomiting, I wouldn’t bring baby to the hospital. Some parents have admitted their children for observation before, but they were told by the doctor that there’s no need for scans, and they went home the next day. A CT scan is like 100 X-rays or something. I think it’d be good to avoid it if possible

Read more
4y trước

I agree with you.