Congee Recipe

Can anyone share how to cook a smooth congee? Like a hongkong style ☺️ not the dry one. Thanks in advance

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks for sharing this awesome congee recipe! I've always loved the smoothness of Hong Kong-style congee. Soaking the rice overnight and adding salmon fish sounds like a great idea for added flavor. The addition of needle mushrooms and the serving suggestions with salty egg, fried ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil, or yu cha kui make it even more tempting!By the way, I recently came across some interesting information about product shelf life that might come in handy. You can check it out at https://americasrestaurant.com/shelf-life/. Staying informed is undoubtedly crucial, wouldn't you agree?

Read more

1) Soak rice overnight. 2) Throw away the excess water in the morning and then put in new water and bring to a boil. 3) Throw in salmon fish when it looks like it is almost done. Stir. Wait for it to boil. 4) Add in 1 bowl of fresh water, let it continue cooking until it is almost done, add needle mushrooms. Don't forget to stir and stir to make it smooth. Then serve with salty egg, fried ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil or yu cha kui. :)

Read more
Post reply image
5y trước

👍👍👍 thanks for sharing

Thành viên VIP

Ingredient: - basmati rice or jasmin rice - salmon or threadfin - achovies powder - egg ( optional) - water Method: - soak the rice over night - rinse off and wash rice twice - add new water - achovies powder - simmer for 15min - add fish and slow cook in it. - lastly i add the egg (optional)

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Use Thai rice and you need to put in more water portion. If during cooking rice starts to dry, just continue to add water until you get the consistency of the congee you like

Thành viên VIP

I cook porridge using left over rice. Put rice into pot, pour chicken stock and cook over slow fire, constantly stirring it.

5y trước

Thanks for sharing 👍

Influencer của TAP

Grind or ‘freeze’ the grains n into boiling water

Grind the rice before cooking

Following

Influencer của TAP

following