PEM Package

Anyone received PEM quote recently? Enquired on their website yest on their package and this morning a salesgirl called and bombarded me with lotsa ques and told me all their expectations n requirements on their CN and said to arrange a concall tmr (SUNDAY) with their consultant even before i received their quote or full info on their package. I find her quite pushy tbh. Anw their quoted me 4k++ for my EDD in may 2022, excluding gov levy, 2 compulsory angbaos, and what not which im not sure. Can anyone advise me 1. does their package includes hockhua herbs or is this an add on? Their package stated $400+ for hockhua herbs. If i didnt opt for that, what will the CN cooks for me? 2. Und i will hv to provide 3 meals daily to CN, no issue on this. Just want to b sure, will she cooks herself or do we need to tabao for her? 3. Touched wood, if in any case i paid the depo n ultimately didnt get to use their CN, will they refund my depo? Appreciate any comments and advise on this esp on any additional costs needed if i were to engage PEM. Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was quoted 4.8k for nanny itself, exclude Ang baos for early Jan22. Does not include hock Hua package or post natal massage. Those r add ons. Hock Hua package can be 100% refunded before EDD if u decided nt to go ahead. For the prenatal Kandahar package they have with PNSG, there’s some promo offer like +1 free sesh if u buy 10 sesh. Can be refunded after 1st sesh at a cost I tink 90+ iirc. I suppose u can buy ur own tonic set if any, and CN will still cook for u. She will just cook additional for herself to eat, tonic soup is for u only. That’s my understanding. On part 3 of ur question, I saw some feedback frm fellow mummies who engaged them and for some reason they didn’t have a nanny available, 100% refund. If u didn’t get to use CN on ur part for ur own reason, better check w them on refund if deposit.

Read more

my edd is in feb 2022. i was quoted $5k (including $1k CNY surcharge and extra $200 for having stairs at home). yes, levy and angbaos are not included. and yes, the salesperson was quite annoying. but i still went ahead with PEM coz a few of my friends had nice things to say about their PEM nannies. 1) the package doesn't include herbs. if u want to, u can get them separately outside and the CN can cook for u. otherwise, it'll just be regular meals i guess. 2) she will cook herself. so basically u give her money to buy the groceries to cook for u and whoever in ur family whom they have agreed to also cook for, plus also her portion. 3) if it's voluntary termination, u only get a proration of ur deposit back. however, if the termination is due to miscarriage or pregnancy failure with doctor's certification, the refund is 100%.

Read more
3y trước

yes, the termination clause including the pregnancy failure is in their pdf contract. so just make sure it's there :) they do allow one replacement if the one they send u doesn't work out.

I enquired PEM too for March. The quote was around 4k too if I want to guarantee avail before the due date (but will have additional CNY surcharge if deliver that period). I went with Angels, but I think the terms are standard - if you miscarry or they fail to deliver the nanny, you get the deposit back with some admin costs deducted. I think you have to buy the herbs yourself, which will prob be cheaper than their package. I'm waiting for the call with the nanny in third Tri where I'll ask her what I need to get ready for her. And from what I read she'll take care of her own meals, usually she will cook for herself and your hubs as confinement food may be too heaty for them. You won't be expected to leave the house on errands at all.

Read more

Was quoted $3750 for april 2022. And a few weeks later received their email stating prices will increase to $4100. Prices excluding work levy, 2 angbaos, grocery shopping, post natal massages. I felt they were very aggressive as they will call every other day to follow up despite telling them i will only confirm in my 2nd trimester. 1) hockhua herbs is an add on. 2) nanny will cook her portion while cooking for us. 3) •written notice more than 3 months to EDD- 60% refund. •written notice more than 2 months to EDD- 40% refund. •In the event of miscarriage or pregnancy failure with doctor certification- 100% refund. •In the event they are unable to provide nanny due to covid-19 measures- 100% refund.

Read more
3y trước

Mine also quoted around this price for Apr 2022 EDD. But eventually I did not sign the package with them after hearing some feedback from other people that they tend to suddenly tell you no nanny, then you have to find your own. Also, some said they tend to increase the price half way. Eventually I went for private nanny recommended by relative, more reliable.

I enquired with PEM as well but mine was for Jan 2022 so I was quoted an additional $1K due to CNY surcharge. (totalled up to $4K+ with surcharge & levy) No idea why is yours $4K also for may 😲 I didn’t go with PEM as I’m not comfortable paying $1K solely for surcharge and on top of that I still have to top up groceries & all which will come up to close to $5K just for one confinement. Package doesn’t include the herbs, CN will just cook confinement suitable food for you. She can cook/dabao for herself as per what I was told OTP.

Read more

Hello! I got mine frm PEM too! I didnt get their herbal package its an add on. I buy directly frm hock hua at abt $200++ herbs for bathing frm lao ban niang $60, ang bao one $50 and one $20 i think..the CL will prepare her own food, unless ur hubby didnt wanna eat her cook food and wanna eat out can offer to ask if she wants.. if not she will prepare herself

Read more
3y trước

First was terrible!!! Then i requested for a new one and requested for my cousin’s nanny instead..first one got hygiene issue, first meal and both hub and me got diarreah, bottle flask never wash clean still have bubble soap 🤷‍♀️

1. package exclude herb. CN will cook what u buy 2. my CN eat same as my meal, that's why I don't think what she cook is confinement meal 3. you can request exchange or terminate service earlier but whatever u have paid to agent is not refundable. they will prorate the balance $ to CN

Super Mom

Their package don’t include the herbs, it’s add on. CN will cook for her self and you unless you don’t want her to cook. Deposit is non refundable within a certain time frame… this will be in their contract.

I enquired at PEM too but the sales woman was too pushy and quite tactless when speaking. I went with another agency instead. they quoted 4k for March EDD.

3y trước

which agency u when??

I heard they only give good nannies to influencers. My hub’s cousin gave negative feedback on her nanny from them.

3y trước

thanks for ur info... im not surprised to hear this. that's y im skeptical bout reviews from celebrities n influencers... they may hv good experiences bcoz the comp intentionally assigned best CN for them... if they are commoners like us, i bet their reviews will b different