ogtt

anyone opt out of ogtt? meaning didn't take the test?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

i didnt opt out. i didnt go due to some last minute issues that morning. i did sent a request online to change my ogtt date via HealthHub app, but didn't come back with another appt date. idk if its impossible to reschedule or maybe im just too late for my ogtt, so simply too late for any tests actly (34+weeks)

Read more

Advisable to take. Pregnant woman cn easily get gest diabetes which cn cause complications in pregnancy. At least you can control your food intake if you knw the results.

I thought it’s compulsory? Even if control food also no use, cos if really have GD, may have serious complications happen during labour.

Super Mom

No.. better take Then u ll know ur body condition. If got gd, then better change diet to ensure baby dont have diabetes in future

If you’re under KKH, you cannot opt out. It’s a new enforcement by MOH due to the rising amount of cases of childhood diabetes

Not possible to opt out. It's to determine if you have/is at risk of gestational diabetes - pregnant women are at greater risk.

Influencer của TAP

I have to take the test as my sugar level in my urine is quite high, even though i try to control the intake.

Didn't know there's option to opt out. For the sake of baby I brave myself over it though.

Me! Don’t think it’s necessary, but of course I made sure I control my diet!

Take for peace of mind. I do have a friend who did not take, personal preference