Anyone have their infant and toddler share a room? How do you manage the different sleep cycles?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my baby no.2 was born, he slept with us and my daugther. When baby cries, I just take the baby out from the room to soothe him first, e.g. check on his diapers. During the initial months, I feel exhausted to handle 2 at night (sometimes my elder one will wake up after disturbed from the baby's cries). When my no.2 is much older (after 3 months old), he woke up less and I breastfed him during the night so it is quite easy to handle a toddler and a baby in the same room. On the different sleep cycles, normally I will let my elder daugther to sleep first as she wakes up very early in the morning. After that I will tuck in my baby no.2. After certain period, both sleep cycles will be around the same when they grow older.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My cousin co-sleeps with her infant and toddler. She doesn't really get to sleep well at night because her elder one still wakes up and demands for attention. She also has to latch her younger one at night, so she only gets pockets of sleep each night. It sounds really tiring! I would suggest moving the toddler to her own room in her own bed and using a baby monitor to keep an eye on her to save your sleep. http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/cosleeping.html

Read more

We all co-sleep with the 2 kids. Our technique during sleeping time, the dad stays with the toddler in the living room with some activities until he gets tired while I put the baby to sleep. Once I'm all good with the baby, my eldest goes inside the room and he knows it's his turn for dede time with mama.

Read more
4y trước

Same situation here 😀

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2297)

When my son was a toddler and my daughter an infant they used to sleep in the same room. My son was and is such a sound sleeper that nothing affected him and I didn't face any issues whatsoever!

thanks