Fasting when pregnant in third trimester?

A question for my muslim mummies, is it safe & advisable to fast during ramadhan period when you’re in your third trimester?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

I’m not a muslim, so I’m sorry that I’m answering but... please don’t fast, my dear. Your devotion to Allah is beautiful and respectable, but you have this baby within you that really needs the nutrition, and the most major growth of the baby happens in the 3rd trimester. Because baby will be pressing on your stomach, if you try to eat more in one meal (after the sun sets/before the sun rises), you may also throw up. And while fasting, acid reflux may be really bad because of the pregnancy too. I really hope you and your baby will stay strong and healthy during this very important period ❤️

Read more

It all depends on whether you are able to take it or not. If you dont have any vomitting and you feel like you are strong enough then you can if y want to. Anw, i think its fine if pregnant ladies dont fast if it will only affect their wellbeing as well as the baby's. Can always repay after birth. Personally for me, the previous ramadhan i was still in my first trimester and had very bad morning sickness, so i didnt force myself to fast at all.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

By the hadeeth of Anas ibn Maalik al-Ka’bi, according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Allaah has exempted the traveller from the obligation of fasting and has reduced the prayer by half for him, and has exempted pregnant and breastfeeding women from the obligation of fasting.” (Narrated by the five). 

Read more
4y trước

It's okay for you not to fast. Too many of Muslims are in dilemma. But we muslims have guidelines. Therefore, follow the guidelines and be happy :)

Same here! I’m staying with my MIL and she expects me to fast (cause she did last time) but my mom told me not to. I’m quite a rebel, so I don’t fast. No scientific facts that it will/will not affect baby though but baby comes first! I can make do with not eating but I need to keep hydrated especially in this weather.

Read more

You can fast , coz if you fast when you're pregnant you get more Pahala . But better not to , baby also need to eat everytime . But if you want to try then you can , just if you feel hungry don't force yourself to fast .

If u want to, you can try to fast but don't force yourself if ur hungry or in pain. Baby come first. I'm at my last trimester and I'm not fasting coz I know that I get really thirsty easily with those extra body heat and weight.

Thành viên VIP

Yes only fast when you're ok. You can try first but dont push yourself too hard. Not fasting and taking care of your body when you're pregnant boleh dapat pahala too as you're taking care of the little one inside of you.

im in my 3rd trimester. i tried fasting in alternate days. somehow i felt that the baby has less movement on the days I fasted & i feel pain on my lower stomach. therefore, i don’t fast & i find that the baby moves alot.

Thành viên VIP

I would personally say Fast if u can't but if u find it unbearable then break your fast ASAP and repay another time. Allah doesn't burden a soul beyond that it can bear.

Read more

I dont think its save..but you can try, if you feel so hungry then just eat.. your baby should be your first priority 😊 Then ganti puasa je later..