Fasting when pregnant in third trimester?

A question for my muslim mummies, is it safe & advisable to fast during ramadhan period when you’re in your third trimester?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its up to individual. My mum fast throughout. Im in my 3rd tri but i dont fast. As my acid reflux is quite bad and i dont want anything to happen to my baby.

I tried to fast during ramadhan. Did 10 days of fasting. The rest of the days I broke my fast as I felt giddy. Baby came out 3.2kg at 40 weeks.

You can fast, as long you can tahan. If you cannot tahan, then just break fast. Allah SWT sure will understand as long your niat is there. 🤗

Check out Mummt-to-be's reply on my qn abt fasting. It is not advisable to fast during first trimester. All the replies are heartfelt. Pls read.

Post reply image

Me too im in my 32weeks. im thinking to fast or not to. With my 2nd born i fast for 3days only then i felt giddy and i stop my fast.

Influencer của TAP

I did that. Only fast when you feel ok. Prioritize your baby 1st before anyone else, even yourself

Thành viên VIP

im in my third trimester too. will try to fast if i can. in sha Allah we all can make it!

4y trước

try to check this out!

I’m in second tri and don’t fast cos I’m afraid it may affect my baby.

Thành viên VIP

I guess no need to fast for pregnant ladies right it’s not good at all..

Thank you all for your replies, i will keep your advices in mind! :)