7 years ago, when my eldest niece was born, my mil did not allow anyone in the family to make any noise at home whenever the baby is asleep. We need to mute the tv volume (literally!) and sneeze outside the house. Whoever make a single sound gets dagger stares by my mil. During her growing up period, she was spoilt by my mil and her parents, resulting in her screaming and yelling at home, regardless if she is excited from a game or wasn't able to get what she wanted. Fast forward to today, when my girl was brought home on her 2nd day, my mil vacuumed the room when my girl is asleep and spoke loudly in front of my girl when she is sleeping. She also did drilling and knocking in the day. My niece yelled and scream outside my room and within the house (imagine shouting from the first floor for someone on the 3rd floor). Both my husband and i had feedback to my mil to get my niece and herself to reduce their noise level as my girl is sleeping. Instead of agreeing to it, she commented that my girl needs to get used to it!! I was appalled. I thought she should set a good example to explain to my niece on the need to use indoor voice when she is at home, and not to yell and scream as and when she feels like it. My mil says my niece has already gotten used to it for 7 years, so very difficult to change her. Since my girl is young, I should train her from young instead. What has the world become? Sigh.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm almost in the same situation as you! mine was my sil's son would scream at everything. literally. he come home, scream & beat the dog. he play toys, scream. they don't let him watch tv, scream. for nothing screams. it's so bad tht he woke my baby up some times. when I'm in confinement, my mil is home, so my sil son also will be home. I didn't get peace. one day, my sil didn't go to work, and she was talking to my husband, and guess what she said to my husband, "you should let your baby get used to the noise. " I was literally fuming mad. when her son was born, nobody was home to make noise and everything, she didn't even take care of him and even bring other guys home!! now say this kind of thing?! my sil son would scream and scream and they won't stop him. he even hit my mil in the face before just because they don't let him touch the cockroach. and my sil didn't scold him for hitting my mil. WOW.

Read more
8y trước

Same. The mum doesn't care at all. And now they don't care further by letting my niece touch my baby immediately after she returns from school. My baby gets all the viruses and my husband told my mil not to let them touch the baby until they have bathed. But she ignored and since then, my baby has been sick.

I agree n disagree with ur mil. 1st agreeing with her that your baby should get use to slping with noise. This is for ur own benefits especially in the afternoon. This is to help baby to differentiate day n night time. My baby can slp anywhere when we are outside on the go. However I disagree with how ur mil allowed ur Niece to scream n short . So uncivilised and behaving like a spoilt brat. Anyway u can talk to her parents to discipline her a little ?

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-17029)

Thành viên VIP

I actually agree with your Mother in law. We never give our baby a quiet environment from day 1 and now she can sleep anywhere, any time. It's really awesome for us.