Stressful Tired New Mum (Rant)

6 days PP. My MIL cooking taste very bland. I got no appetite. I get hungry easily. When I add soya sauce to my food, she nag at me. When I tell her that her ginger rice is spicy, she say its good for me. My body very weak & giddy easily. Husband insist me to breast feed. Not having enough milk supply for baby. I am not getting rest. My family kept calling me everyday asking me what I eat? Why my MIL never cook good food for me? They are upset I am not taking wine because of breast feeding. I really don't know how to pleased both side. Baby cry each time I try to breast feed her. I think she is getting impatient. She prefers to drink formula from bottle. It's faster.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds similar to my confinement. My mum keep calling to ask me what confinement lady cooked etc. I got so fed up sometimes and thus didn't pick up her call. She will rant but then I explained to her that I need rest and baby sleeping. After two weeks, we fired the confinement lady and I went back to my mum's house. Reason was because her cooking was horrible. Everyday the same and she use five bottles of sesame oil in two weeks. After few days I saw my blood veins busting everywhere. Then she ate all the good quality foods that my husband and in law bought for me. After that she will told me that they gave me cheap and rotten foods. What a great drama plot I never think will happened to me. We caught her throw away all the meat from pig trotter. I got flow of breast milk at the start and my husband want me to bf too. But because of sick, I took medication twice and MIL asked me don't bf baby because the med will go to baby. Eventhough she did this for the sake of baby, but I really regret now as this has reduced my BM drastically. During the period of medication, I fed baby FM. After recovered from sick, baby refused bf and bm because fm was so tasty to him. So I spent another few days to make him like my bm. Baby constipation and colic after taking fm, so again I have to ran up and down for PD. In my mum's house, i took care of baby alone because my mum busy cooking and taking care of my sis son. my baby ate lot and i have to fed him every hour during day time and every two hour in the midnight. I dont enough sleep and become very moody. my husband will visit me in the weekend and help me take care of baby so that i can sleep. However, he was inexperienced too so I have to do most of the feeding myself. But he played with baby a lot. Huh.. So tired. But everything was fine after two months. I learn a lot how to be a mum and protect my baby..

Read more