40+3weeks, no signs of labour

40+3weeks now, no signs of labour yet, I am so anxious, everyday worry about baby movement, woundering if something wrong. Everyday need to answer people as people caring about me and my baby, but I feel exhausted to answer those already. I started HL since week 34, due to leg tiredness and shortness of breath, everybody including me thought I will have earlier delivery. And due to the infection, doctor mentioned risk of premature. But now, ai, no signs at all. Sleep disturbance, frequent urination, back pain, heavy body, too good appetite, gain weight super fast these 3weeks, day by day feeling the feet and hands swelling getting worse... ... Anxious...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If this is your first child, you will experience sometimes no signs of labour which will lead to induce day being assigned to you. Usually first child will take longer. However depend on individual. My first child was 41 weeks 1 day, second child was 40 weeks 2 days. Only first child was induce but second was not. I didnt get to experience all birth symptoms like most people mentioned. My both kids past EDD and I was 3cm dilate. For second child I only had mild contractions but not active or gradually close. Was I tired? Yes. Was I nervous? Yes. But I try to be calm, talk to baby, embrace last few weeks of the moment. And at any time I feel too tired or anything, Ill let doctor or spouse know about it. I try to do some light exercise to also help in my labour. Just relax and do what you can, for swelling of feet use compression socks and put pillow below your feet. And frequent urination is common esp nearing to last lap. Do watch signs of mucus plug, bleeding, leaking of waterbag and contractions at any point from now till next appointment (if you are being assign a date)

Read more
1y trước

My first child was at NUH, subsidy and as mentioned exactly 41 weeks induce but give birth only next day. Totally hrs from induce till birth is about 16 to 17 hrs