My 1year old loves sitting and playing at the edge of the bed, is she smart enough not to fall off? Or should I make sure she is not at the edge?

Post image
13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My hubs taught our boy before he turned 1yo to slide down the bed (legs then butt first) as he kept rolling to the edge. Now that he knows how to get down himself, we watch him when he's on the bed and just remind him that he's at the edge..

Thành viên VIP

Maybe try to teach her how to get off the bed first. My husband and I showed our 1-year-old how to get down from the bed by letting her dangle from the edge with hands on the bed and then slowly sliding down until her toes reached the floor.

Thành viên VIP

I will 'pretend' to make her fall to know how it feels like. So she will be scared. Then i will also teach her the proper way to getting down from a bed. Slowly train them up. But still have to keep an eye on them

I think it's best to not put your toddler at the edge of the bed. Alternatively you can teach her to go down the bed backwards. They are definitely smart, that does not mean accidents won't happen.

Thành viên VIP

Why don’t you try installing one of those temporary fences? Just for the time being while she’s still so young and may not be able to grasp the dangers of falling off JUST yet.

I don't think u should leave her at the edge . Even though my boy already know how to get off high areas I still make sure he isn't near to the edge (just in case)

Not safe at all. If she tumbles backwards, she could really hurt herself, especially if she knocks her spine or head against something sharp.

Influencer của TAP

This isn't very safe. Of course, it depends on how high the bed is etc. Buy please keep an eye out for her at all times.

Thành viên VIP

I wouldn't - and since she's Kinda my baby too, I would highly recommend that you don't, Darius.

7y trước

firstly pls answer the question logically.. secondly pls refer to all the smart mummies answers here on how to train your baby :p

It's dangerous. Do safety precautions... the drawer u have looks flimsy too....