How to know baby is getting enough breastmilk?

I have a 2.5 month old my breastfeeding journey in beginning was not so good as I was not getting enough milk and I thought it's not enough for my baby so I gave formula. Now I am breastfeeding her but sometimes I get these doubts if she is getting enough milk. If she is not hungry. Her weight gain is going very well. She wets atleast 12-15 nappies in a day alone. Currently I am breastfeeding her most time and give formula twice a day 90 ml. She usually fall asleep on breast and unlatch herself but after that she looks happy and is active. I am not getting that confidence that the breastmilk is enough for her. I get these thoughts that should i give her formula what if she is hungry. She sleeps very well at night now usually wakes up 2-3 times only at night. Is she getting enough breastmilk then? #firsttimemom #adviceappreciated #baby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like you are doing a great job in taking care of your baby! It's completely normal to have doubts about whether your baby is getting enough breastmilk, especially after facing challenges in the beginning. But it's wonderful to hear that your baby's weight gain is going well and she is wetting plenty of nappies in a day. The fact that your baby falls asleep on the breast and unlatches herself but then looks happy and active afterwards is a good sign that she is getting enough milk. Babies are really good at regulating their own intake, so if she seems content and is having plenty of wet diapers, it's a good indicator that she's getting what she needs. It's also great that she sleeps well at night and only wakes up 2-3 times. This is another positive sign that she's getting enough breastmilk, as she wouldn't be able to sleep so well if she was hungry. If you are still feeling unsure, you can always reach out to a lactation consultant or your pediatrician for some reassurance. But from what you've described, it sounds like you are providing more than enough breastmilk for your baby. Keep up the good work and trust in your body's ability to nourish your little one! #yougotthis #breastfeedingjourney #trustyourbody https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4t trước

Thank you for your reply. can a 2.5-month-old go to sleep hungry for a long time? She used to wake up every 2-3 hrs and give cues like desperately putting her hands in her mouth. now she sleeps for longer and does not give much cues. in the morning her diaper is wet though. Also 90 ml formula should not be compared to breastmilk right. I get these thoughts that am i making 90 ml milk everytime or not and sometimes gave up breastfeeding bcz of this.