My 13.5mo gal is still waking up twice a night to drink!! Anyone facing same situation? She used to drop off to once a night but this past week she has been waking up twice a day.. so many babies have slept through the bight but mine is still waking up like a newborn to drink :( I do give her dinner and a little snack and milk before bedtime.. When she wakes up at night she can finish a bottle of 135ml! I thought maybe she is just thirsty but it seems like she is hungry or is she just drinking out of habit? What should I do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 7 and a half months old boy is big size. He was having twice in e middle of e nite from newborn to almost 6 months old. After tat, he dropped to once in e middle of e nite. Few days ago, i realized he did not wanna drink milk anymore cos when i woke up in e middle of e nite to feed, he oni suck a few mouths & refused to drink! Happened for a 2 consecutive nites! Wasted e milk! So i stopped feeding him since he didnt make any noise at all. Sleeping thru e nite now. I hv many frenz who says tat their baby started slping thru e nite earlier. I oso heard tat there are babies who still need nite feedings after 18 months old. I was actually wondering when will my baby slp thru e nite and well! It really depends on baby. Hopefully yours will slp thru e nite soon! Jiayou!!

Read more

hmm depends on the childs. as I have 2 boys . 1 really super milk king . always want milk . even in the middle of the night will wake up for milk till the age of 2 plus or 3year old still the same . maybe it a habit or the milk urge . but my 2nd child last feed 11 +pm . he will sleep thru the night till like 6 am then wake up .i did try to wake him up but he just refuse . but as long if they wan milk . i will still prepare and let them drink even during the night . cos i believe my kids benefits all the nutrition from the milk they are drinking . ☺

Read more

Mine is a milk Monster who nv reject any milk given to him. He sstn on most days but sometimes will wake up to drink. But I know that for him he has associated milk =sleep ... thus when he woke up, w/o milk he finds it difficult to self soothe back to slp thus needing milk for help

Hmm my gal sleeps around 10 and wakes up once around 3-4 to drink. But sometimes she will wake up at 2 and then 5am again to drink. She is a small eater in the day and rejects food even if I give her more.guess she is one of those babies take small quantity but many meals sigh

Has ur child sleep thru the night before or at least for a 5hr stretch? My 11m boy was for a these few wks then cny really sleep 6+hr but then last few night been waking almost every hr or every other hr. Could it be a growth spurt or a fussy wk?

Thành viên VIP

Really depends on the child. My elder was a milk monster. He would drink 12oz before bed time. One way is increase the dinner portion. 1-2hrs before bed, give another snack time then milk before bed.

Read more

Depends on the child. Cause my no1 & no2 is different. If ur girl has big appetite not much you can do. The fact that she can finish the bottle means she hungry.

It could be her comfort. There is nothing wrong with it. It's normal dear. Be patient. my boy used to wake up thrice a night at that age.