Birthclub: July 2023 icon

Birthclub: July 2023

3201 Người theo dõi

Hỏi & Đáp

How to make a FOMO baby sleep?

Im a SAHM and my son is 7mo 15 days and he’s a FOMO baby since newborn. In fact I’m thankful that his FOMO traits are what makes him an intelligent baby but it’s been pretty hard to make him sleep lately. His bedtime is usually 10:30pm and i’ve been trying to push his bedtime earlier to 9:30pm and now trying to get to 8:30pm. I believe 7:30pm-8:30pm is the ideal bedtime for that age, yes? On good days he would sleep at 9pm-9:30pm. Most of the time he would fight & I made sure to try to make it by 10:30pm. Usually i would start to make him sleep 1hour prior because that’s how much he would fight. I’ll always try to have 2-3hour wake window prior his bedtime. However lately he’s been getting on my nerves. He’s always fighting so much i could only get him to sleep successfully by 11:45pm because he’s already tired by then after using his energy to fight. My method is usually rocking him, when he’s like 90% asleep then i would climb on my bed and let him sleep on top of me until he’s deep in his sleep then i would roll him over to his cot as it is just next to my bed. Yes the lights are off, only my night light is on. He’s pretty darn strong, he would arch his back and kick himself off of me when i was swinging. He’ll cry and scream. Sometimes when he was already sleeping on top of me he would suddenly push himself up, the more i tried to pin him down the more he uses his strength. The pressure from his hands pushing himself up would usually hurt my chest. He also uses his leg to push up and my skin, my csec scar will hurt from all the dragging. Imagine being tired and having to go through all that almost every night, that’s what makes me so frustrated all the time. I can’t just let him be whenever he pushes himself up from my body because he will look around and find something to play and then be all smiles at me. Sometimes when i thought he’s already asleep while on top of me, then me & my husband thought that it’s already a good time to finally have our time to watch tv, the tv brightness or a tiny amount of sound can wake him up despite i already use the blanket to shield the brightness from him. And then he’s all reset, as if my effort in making him sleep earlier on never happened, he’s all energetic and wants to play. Before you ask what my husband has done to contribute, my son wouldn’t even want to sleep whenever he made an attempt. He has done the same method as what i usually do but it never worked. But the moment i take my son he would automatically suck his fingers to soothe himself. Then the fighting starts. Before bedtime my husband would play with him, get his energy used up. But i guess it doesn’t work either. It’s really tiring and frustrating. I just want him to have a proper sleeping schedule. And i hate the fact that he can hear a pin drop, all me and my husband wanted was to just have our time, as simple as watching tv together but it’s so damn hard. Did i made a mistake somewhere? Or is this just a phase? I know he’s in his teething phase but i dont think it’s due to teething because he only started crying when i rock him. But the moment i stopped and just carry him, he will babble and smile and whatnot. I’ve applied those cream that makes the baby sleep, i’ve applied soothing oil for the teething. No difference. #newmom #adviceplease #sharing #FirstTimeMumHere #sleepdeprivedmama #sleepadvice

Đọc thêm
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

Re-lactation

Has anyone successfully tried to re-lactate? I read on google and watched tiktok that it’s possible to re-lactate even after it has dried out. My baby is currently 7mo and i last pump when he was about 4 months. Being a sahm can make me think of a lot of things. I suddenly miss producing for my baby and tried to-relactate. My mistake was that i never keep any breastmilk in any case he has a fever or whatnot. Now that he’s in his teething phase, i have to prepare for the worst because i heard they can have high fever when growing teeth. I wouldn’t say my attempt is successful but so far there has been a positive sign. I remember mine has completely dried out because i squeezed as hard as i could and nothing came out. Eversince the attempt on re-lactating, i did spot some, what i think is colostrum because it’s yellowy liquid. But so far the process is very slow because the liquid is still around my nipple (thats how little it is). After pumping there will be colostrum on my nipple, and i tried to get my baby to have a taste but sucks he doesn’t want to latch anymore. And i tried to pump every 2-3hours but sometimes i only managed to pump 3x a day and that reminded me why i stopped in the first place haha because my baby is in his climbing phase. So whenever i put him on the floor to play independently while i tried to pump for 20mins, he would try to climb on places that he shouldn’t be. Even when i tried to pump when he’s asleep, it’s tough because contact nap is the only way for him to have sufficient sleep, or else he would wake up not long after and then crawl around the bed, fearing that i wouldn’t catch him in time if he ever makes to the edge. Anyway, just wondering if there are any successful attempts and how long does it take to finally have a full supply? #Relactation #advicepls

Đọc thêm
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi
Xem thêm bài viết