- 600 g chicken fillet (thigh or breast as a healthier option)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime , zested
- 4 tbsp lime juice (same lime can be used)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves , minces
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Pound chicken breast to about 1.7 cm thick (not required if using thigh).
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, soy sauce, lime zest, juice, brown sugar, garlic and cilanto. Season with pepper.
- Place chicken and marinade in a zip-type plastice, make sure the meat is marinated evenly. Refrigerate for at least 12hours
- Remove chicken, discard Marinade.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown.
- Garnish with more cilantro and a slice of lime. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.