Trouble forgiving my mil

Yesterday I visited my mil. She fried some French fries. I told her my son is having cough and she argues back that she used clean oil to fry... fried is fried. Some more she has her kids and other grandchildren to eat. But she was insistent my son eats it. And in order to show she has overriden me, ask my son is it nice??? Then when my sis in law was in the living room, my mil suddenly changed. She was holding a box of blueberry and she pretended to be scared of me and ask if my boy can eat the blueberry... if the French fries she already overriden me, what's the point of asking me on blue berries. I am really sick of this double faced and then cause I show my black face... now i am the villain... I really hate dealing with this situation. Its been 3years since my boy is born and I need to deal with her everytime I see her.... I really don't know what I can do. Should I text her or reprimand her in front of the famoly#firsttimemom #firstmom #newmom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont text old people can never understand. Theyre always right. Ask your husb to be stern and talk to her is she continue like this, minimize the visit to let her learn lesson. Its your child, your rule. No is no. If he’s sick, you are the one that have to deal with it jot them. I dont even care if mil dont like me i prioritize my baby

Read more

No text needed. But the next time you see her tell her that this is unacceptable. Difficult to speak up ? Let your husband know to have the conversation with your MIL.

2t trước

Then the next time she does that take a video as proof and show it your spouse. For me what Ill do is to always say it out loud too that my child unwell therefore no one should give anything unless I/spouse approve. She plays victim, you take video. If this keeps happening, wait till your child really unwell and something happened point it back at her. Told you already dont want listen. Dont do when I say no. See what happened.