Working Moms vs SAHM, Breastfeeding vs Formula Feeding, Vaccine vs Anti-Vaccines. Do you think parents should stop bickering over this issue?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy! I believe that every parent has their own way of doing things. Each of us have strategies that work for our families. Each family is unique, we all have different dynamics and different preferences. What may work for one may not work for others. While it is healthy to debate or have friendly discussions I believe it is unhealthy and counterproductive to argue and judge other people based on their preferences. I myself have encountered being in the positions you have mentioned above and have had to explain why I made those choices for me and my family. I believe in my choices. I believe they work for my family. And I believe that parents who choose differently are also doing the best for their families. At the end of the day we should have respect for all other parents and should refrain from imposing our choices on others. We, as parents, do the best we can and would benefit from support from each other.

Read more
8y trước

I'm so sorry to hear that mommy. I believe you did the right thing in unfollowing them. You may not be able to convince them of your point or your choice however you don't need that kind of negativity as well. It is better for you to distance yourself t

i also agreed to stop bickering over these issues. working moms vs SAHM, its really depend on the situation, environment, needs and choices. i heard many stories between them and i got sick of hearing it. Breastfeeding vs Formula Feeding. its really depend on the choices and also the body of the moms. some moms cant produce breastmilk whereas some moms can. its not they dont wanna give breastmilk but their body cant do it. some moms choose not to breastfeed even they have more milk but they want to maintain their body to satisfy their husband just to maintain marriage. i gave in to formula milk as i want to keep my sanity. i get stressed up if see other mummies comparing about the production. well its really depend on individual. i just prefer not to talk about it. no matter how we said, the stories will never end.

Read more

Agreed very much so, except for vaccination, unless you also keep your child at home and never let them out to interact with others. The others you have listed are all personal choice and circumstances; you have to do what's right for you, and it doesn't impact other people, so it should be nobody else's business to judge you. Not vaccinating your child helps spread diseases that will impact other children. It puts lives in danger.

Read more

I believe so.. "One size doesn't fit all", they say. Each baby has a different need and each mom has a different preferences. I think it's very disrespectful for one mom to impose and force others to do what she think is "best". We all know how hard it is to be a mother. Putting more stress and discomfort with these issues won't lighten our loads. Let's just support and encourage each other ❤️❤️❤️

Read more
8y trước

Yes women of empowerment is what we all need! :)

I agree, to each his or her own. As long as baby is healthy, happy and safe, why should we fight over which way to raise a child is better. Child nurturing has been around since the the beginning of time and it will change, evolve as we do. It's inevitable that there will be different groups, different opinions regarding all sorts of things relating to parenting. "You do you and let me do me."

Read more

of course . there are choices we make as long we don't regret anything and learn from our experiences and other's experience. We go by different situations but fact still remain we all want what best for our babies. It's up to us to make the decision for them. Mommy wars seem to be coined for advertisements just to get moms go and give support from one product against another.

Read more
8y trước

I thought of that too! :)

Yes, I think we should stop arguing about these issues. All mothers want the best for their kids, and we are in no position to judge or question what they think is right for their children. Unless of course if it's an issue of child abuse. We can share our best practices, encourage them, but never force fellow moms to do the same. Respect and empathy go a long way.

Read more
8y trước

Exactly Rose! I noticed that some groups in social media seems to attacked parents based on their choices. And that comes to a point that I left that particular group!

Definitely - I believe all mothers would want the best for her child so as long as her child is growing happy & healthy, with the right value instilled, I feel that the mother is doing a good job. Parents, especially mothers should stop being less judgemental and stop forcing their opinions on others.

Read more

I feel you. I left one group as well although I am very pro on it. Fm vs bm. I feel sometime diff parents meet diff situation after Birth. As a mum, everyone sure want the best for their kids but sometime things might not work as what we think and others do well.

8y trước

True! Sometimes it's not that you don't support them but more on respecting their views without causing any arguments since it will always be a never ending issue. :)

Great point! Everyone has their own situation and circumstances to consider when deciding what works best for them. Sharing experiences is different from stating what is "right" (or "wrong"). There is no absolute and what works for one may not work for others.

8y trước

Exactly my same sentiments! :)