Can preggy attend funeral?

Hi, just wondering is it OK for preggy mums to attend funeral? I'm 6 mths pregnant. My grandma has just passed on. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! I know this answer might be a bit late, but for anyone else wondering, it's generally not recommended for pregnant women to attend funerals. Emotional stress and physical exhaustion can take a toll on both the mother and the baby. https://huttonmonument.com/engraving-ideas-for-bench-memorials/ Perhaps you could pay your respects in other ways, like sending flowers or a thoughtful card. Take care! I stumbled across this post while browsing for some info about death, life after death, and funerals, as my uncle passed away today. It's a tough time, but I discovered some memorial bench ideas that might be a nice way to honor his memory.

Read more

sorry for your loss. I was in the same situation when I was around 3 months before I announce to my family. My grandfather in law pass away and I check with the taoist priest and was advice to skip the ritual and the sending off on the last day of the wake. but still boils down to your personal comfort level and how close you are with your grandma. I was actually feeling very upset that I'm not able to send of my grandfather in law and be there for my husband during the send off.

Read more

My condolences for your loss. I think relatives will understand if you give this a pass, but this is up to your personal preference. I'm not sure if there's any pantang for your religion, but there are always ways around if you want to be there - Eg. I heard Taoist can tie a red string around the belly or only skip certain rituals. Another consideration is that this is covid period so do try to avoid crowded times and wear a good mask if you are attending.

Read more

I understand how overwhelming it can feel to plan a funeral, especially if it's your first time. When my grandmother passed away, my family and I were in the same boat. We found New https://newrestfunerals.co.uk/ super helpful. They provided valuable resources and guidance, making the process a bit easier to navigate during such a difficult time. Remember to take things one step at a time, and don't hesitate to reach out for support.

Read more

I think you need to consider your relationship with your grandma. Eg are you close with her? Will you have any regrets of not seeing her for the final time...and saying goodbye...I know that there are various views abt not attending funerals n such... but i believe that our family members who have passed on are alwatys blessing us. So then it cant be a bad thing for us rite?

Read more

Sorry for your loss. My grandma passed away when I was going 3 months pregnant. My mum had to announce to the family. I was advised against going to the funeral. My hb represented me for rituals. At least I managed to offer joss sticks and bow to her and was asked to go.

Best not to attend funeral as i heard it is bad for pregnant mums and when i was 9 months pregnant i heard a bad news that my 18 year old friend has passed on at that time i really want to attend my friend funeral but everybody stop me and i know how you feel

Thành viên VIP

for me my dad pass away when I was almost 7 months pregnant . I still attend coz it's my own dad eventhough it's advisable not to attend ( depends on ur individual religions)

My mum passed on when I’m 5 months pregnant. I will encouraged you to go since it’s ur last send off. But depends on ur comfort level.

I skip whatever funerals, weddings and birthday for my 2 pregnancies .. but really up to individual..