Will I have a bowel movement during my delivery?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As far as I am aware, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, if you give birth in govt hospitals they do not flush your bowels, not even when my doctor friend specifically asked for it. At TMC they actually administer enema to you before bringing you into the labour room. They will ask when was the last meal you had and if you passed any lotion on the day. Although I did empty my bowels 3 or 4 times before I checked myself in, I was still given a poke in my butt. Enema is a liquid that Is inserted into your anus to flush out the bowels in your rectum. I still had quite a bit of poop to flush even though I was quite confident I didn't have any. Haha. So with this procedure together with abstinence from food, giving birth can be a clean affair. Should I also mention that they shave you too? It was a pretty awkward moment for me.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Actually, one of the signs of labour is diarrhoea when the muscles begin loosening in preparation for the baby's arrival. In my case, I actually went to the toilet about 5 times throughout the night that my contractions started and in the delivery suite when I was 5cm dilated and the contractions were beginning to hurt a lot. It seems to be nature's way of clearing the bowels to make way for the child (& also ease embarrassment for the mother). I wasn't given an enema but I had no more poop to poop. In all truthfulness, even IF you do have a bowel movement during delivery, don't fret. Midwives and obstetricians have seen it all. Besides, giving birth is a messy affair with the amniotic fluid, blood and placenta. :) http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/signs-of-labor/labor-signs/

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-668)

Yes it is true that if you are giving birth in a government hospital they do not perform enema before labour. And it was pretty awkward having them clear the poo while giving birth.

thanks