Exercising during pregnancy

When do you/can you start exercising when pregnant? Prior to getting pregnant, I was doing HIIT 1 hour x2 a week, now I can barely do 30mins without feeling unwell. I'm listening to my body because I'm feeling still nauseous in early 2nd trimester, so im not going to push too hard:( I did abit of swimming, but also cannot sustain for too long. When did u start exercising again? I'm feeling very sluggish without it- but it could be due to the pregnancy.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi dear, glad that you are listening to your body! I was a gym rat before pregnancy, went for classes at least 4 times a week. but once my pregnancy symptoms kicked in (nausea, fatigue, breathlessness etc) I completely stopped all exercises. even prenatal yoga made me feel faint. I gradually started having some more energy in mid of 2nd tri, around week 18? then I started just walking more and doing some prenatal pilates/yoga by following youtube videos. it really helps to take it slow, adjust to your pregnancy stamina and keep moving even if it's just walking 15mins a day or stretching your muscles. all the best for your pregnancy! 💕

Read more

Hi there i’m only week 8 and also experience the same challenge where my stamina is not as good as pre-pregnancy. I used to do HIIT 2-3 times a week too but I stop now due to breathlessness and fatigue. Now i opt for less strenuous exercises like stretching, 30-45mins brisk walk and glute bridges exercise instead.

Read more