When should you start taking bird nest and how much? Must be be fresh or can drink canned

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I bought dried bird nest and double boiled it once a week from third trimester. My dietitician told me that there was no difference between fresh or can - the only thing with fresh is that you can control the amount of sugar. I did not take it earlier in my pregnancy as they say will have lots of phlegm. Do note that many people feel birds nest might trigger asthma as it is an allergen. However, there are currently no research findings indicating that taking bird’s nest during pregnancy will put your children at higher risk of developing asthma. Some say eating white fungus is better than drinking birds nest with regards to nutrition.

Read more

I drank the fresh ones that my mum made for me every week but I portion them to take over 3 or 4 days. I think at least you know how much bird nest is in the fresh one and how much sugar you put in it. There are also no preservatives. I took it during 2nd trimester and stopped at 3rd. No reason why just got sick of it.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

some say bird's nest is just proteins, and expensive ones at that. but i'd take it in moderation too. rather pricey as well, esp for fresh ones!

Thành viên VIP

I just drank the bottled ones for convenience about twice a week during my last trimester. Didn't really notice any difference.

Take in moderation. For me I will avoid bottled one as I am worry of the preservative. I take it once per month.

Thành viên VIP

My TCM shop told me I can take every day during all trimesters of pregnancy. Can also take during confinement.

Best to chk with tcm practitioners. My friend drank during 2nd n 3rd tri though but like once a week only

thanks