What's the earliest month you bring your newborn oversea?..

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO first flew at 7 weeks. It was a short flight, from HKG to SIN, to visit her grandparents. We're planning a longer trip at 6 months to the US to visit the other set of grandparents. Age is one thing. It's really about how you plan the logistics around the flights. Some tips: - Travel with another adult. You'll have so much more carry-on gear to manage - Ask for a bassinet and opt for a non-aisle seat. If money is no object, buy your baby his own ticket and bring a car seat - Bring enough milk. Asian airports tend to be more lenient with the amount of water/bm you bring with you - Have a nursing cover on hand if you bf - Choose a flight that departs when your baby is normally asleep the longest (usually overnight flights) Hope this helps. Good luck!

Read more

To add on, my friend spoke to her pediatrician about traveling with my baby as early as 8 weeks. Here are some of his concerns for traveling with a newborn: Airline Regulations: Some airlines require a doctor's note for a very young baby to fly. (For American Airlines, this age limit is 7 days or younger.) Airplane Germs: Since the air on a plane is recycled, your newborn is exposed to more germs than usual. Avoid flying with a newborn during flu season, or before 4 weeks old. Unfamiliar places: Her pediatrician suggested not go on vacation with a newborn, because being on your own in a new place would be stressful. Visiting family would negate this point, if you plan on staying with them and getting plenty of help. Hope it helps :)

Read more

If your newborn is 2 days old, most airlines will be okay to allow babies to fly but some airlines insist that baby is at least 2 weeks old. There is no right or wrong time to travel with a baby but early infancy is a time of transition for new babies and their families. Establishing feeding and sleep pattern which will be hard when traveling. Mummy and baby needs a lot of rest too. Doctor may discourage unnecessary air travel after birth.

Read more

My friends who live abroad bring their babies back to Singapore at a very young age to visit their grandparents. Usually they wait till mommy is done with confinement and maybe a month after. So alot of them take 12-14 hour flights before they turn 5 months, with no problems.

Around 3 months for transatlantic flight. I was surprised he held on pretty well and slept almost throughout the flight. Better ask your pedia when you're going to countries where tropical diseases are common. He might recommend some jabs first.

I took my son to KL (we wanted to start off with a short flight to test waters) when he was 6 months old. I'd suggest trying out a night flight (if that's when he or she sleeps best).... so you're assured a few hours of less stress :)

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4688)

I flew with my little one from Perth to Singapore when he was 3.5 months, after his 3 month old jabs. I would be more cautious before he had his first set of jabs

Our first trip with LO was when she turned 14 months. I had a friend who brought her newborn when she turned 1 as her in-laws were staying overseas.

Our first trip with LO was last week to Bangkok when he's 4 months plus. I found that he's too young to enjoy the trip. Heeeee...